Chelsea vs Valencia head to head stats and records: Let us take a look at the stats between the two teams ahead of the Blue’s first Champions League encounter.
Chelsea are back in the Champions League after slugging it out in the Europa last season. The Club have been placed in a very difficult group with Valencia, Lille and Ajax. All four teams are good enough to go to the next round of the competition.
It is therefore very important for clubs to win their home games to keep them in good stead to qualify for the round of 16. A point Chelsea will keep in mind when they host Valencia tomorrow night at the Stamford Bridge.
Frank Lampard has already won Europe’s prestigious trophy in 2012 and will hope for an encore, but this time as the manager. Unfortunately, he has taken over a Chelsea side in crisis. Affected by the transfer embargo, he has had his hands tied and has had to rely on youngsters.
However, he has done a good job at rallying his players. Apart from the occasional mistakes, the young team has been very impressive and the Lampard is very confident that they will be do the same against Europe’s elites as well.
Valencia, themselves are a team in disarray as was evident in their 5-2 defeat to Barcelona last weekend. The departure of their coach Marcelino has affected them deeply. Chelsea on the other hand, thrashed Wolverhampton with the same margin in their last match.
Los Che will take heart from the fact that Chelsea will be without 5 players in N’Golo Kante, Antonio Rudiger, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Reece James and Emerson.
Chelsea vs Valencia head to head stats and records
Total no. of Matches played: 6
Matches won by Chelsea: 3
Matches won by Valencia: 0
Games Drawn: 3
Highest Goal aggregate in a single match: 3 (Chelsea 3-0 Valencia Dec 6 2011)
Chelsea’s biggest victory: Chelsea 3-0 (2011)
Valencia’s biggest victory: –
Last time they met: Chelsea 3-0 Valencia Dec 6 2011
- Valencia are yet to beat Chelsea in the Champions League. However, the Blues have only won once against them at the Stamford Bridge back in 2011. They would go on to win the Champions League that season.
- Not only have Los Che failed to defeat Chelsea at all but they will have to against the odds to become the first team since 2015/16 to beat the Blues at the Bridge in a champions league encounter.
- Chelsea have since won 6 matches at the Bridge since their 2-1 loss to PSG and drawn 5. However, Valencia can take solace from the fact that the Blues have not done well against Spanish sides, registering 4 draws, 3 defeats and a solitary win in their last 8 matches against La Liga sides.
- Chelsea have the highest goal scoring ratio amongst teams from England who have played 100 or more games in the Champions League and are no. 4th Only Real Madrid (2.13), Barcelona (2.02) and Bayern Munich (1.90) have a better ratio.
- Since April 2011, Chelsea have scored in all of their home matches in European Competitions, a streak that has stretched to 38 games and has yielded 99 goals in the process. One can expect Chelsea to extend their record tomorrow night as well with the form they are in currently.
Click here for more football news