OTG vs CD Dream XI Prediction: Otago Volts vs Central Districts – 26 January 2020 (Dunedin)
Otago Volts will take on Central Districts in the 18th Match of Ford Trophy which will be played at University Oval in Dunedin. The FORD Trophy is back for its second set of matches after the completion of Super Smash. These both teams are at the bottom 2 positions and would like to get a win under their belt.
Pitch Report – University Oval’s track has always been a batting friendly wicket. The average 1st innings score at this ground is 261 runs, which is quite decent. Team winning the toss would be tempted to bowl first here.
Match Details :
Date: 26 January Time:- 3.30 AM
Probable XI for both sides:-
Otago Volts – Hamish Rutherford, Nick Kelly, Neil Broom, Mitch Renwick, Dean Foxcroft, Anaru Kitchen, Josh Finnie, Michael Rippon, Nathan Smith, Michael Rae, Matt Bacon.
Central Districts – Will Young, Greg Hay, Ben Smith, Dane Cleaver, Josh Clarkson, Kieran Noemma-Barnett, Brad Schmulian, Willem Ludick, Ben Wheeler, Seth Rance, Jayden Lennox.
Top 4 Batting order for both teams:-
Otago Volts:- Hamish Rutherford, Nick Kelly, Neil Broom, and Mitch Renwick.
Central Districts:- Will Young, Greg Hay, Ben Smith, and Dane Cleaver.
Clean Hitters in the Squad:-
Otago Volts:- Hamish Rutherford and Neil Broom.
Central Districts:- Will Young and Dane Cleaver.
Death Bowling Specialists (Tends to get more wickets):-
Otago Volts:- Matt Bacon.
Central Districts:- Seth Rance
Dream XI Wicket-Keepers
D.Cleaver (Price 9) and M.Renwick (Price 8.5) both should be in the team as both of them are very good middle-order batsmen. Cleaver is currently the 3rd highest run-scorer and Renwick has also done well in his limited opportunities.
Dream XI Batsmen
- W.Young (Price 9):- Young is back after his injury and would be a straightaway pick. He is a very talented lad and would like to make a grand return.
- B.Smith (Price 9.5):- Smith will now lead the side of central Districts. He is a very good player at number 3 and would like to play a good knock here.
- N.Broom (Price 9):- Broom is a very solid player and he has represented New Zealand at the highest level and scoring with an average of 49.5 in this competition.
- N.Kelly (Price 9):- Kelly was brilliant in Super Smash and he has a decent record in this competition too. He will be a great pick.
[George Worker is not playing this game whereas Rutherford is in very poor form]
Dream XI All-Rounders
- K.Noemma-Barnett (Price 8.5):- He was in brilliant form in the recently concluded Super-Smash with both bat and ball. He is a brilliant all-rounder.
- A.Kitchen (Price 9):- Kitchen is a brilliant player who is technically sound he is a very decent wicket-taker too with the ball.
[Michael Rippon was poor in Super-Smash too and his record in this tournament is also not very good]
Dream XI Bowlers
B.Wheeler (Price 9) and S.Rance (Price 9) both are in our team as they both are international standard players and Rance has been very good for the team.
N.Smith (Price 8.5) has earned a lot of fantasy points in this tournament. He is a very consistent bowler.
[Jacob Duffy is not available for this game and that’s why he isn’t in the team]
Match-Prediction:- Central Districts would be the favourites to win this game
SportsRush Featured Dream XI Team for the Game
Neil Broom © – Broom is a very solid player and is playing with an stunning average of 49.5.
Dane Cleaver (VC) – Dane is the 3rd highest run-scorer of the tournament and will be a decent pick.
Dream 11 Disclaimer
All our selections are based on in-depth and astute analysis of the players partaking in the match and a perusal of other reasoning. Please incorporate a slew of factors while crafting your own side with this article serving as a guide to the match and players.