Ex-Chelsea doctor explains how football stars are vulnerable to Coronavirus
Ex-Chelsea doctor explains the vulnerability of football star with the outbreak of the coronavirus which halted the football activities.
The outbreak of the Coronavirus has massively affected European football and have compelled the governing bodies to call off all the major league in the region amidst the rising number of victims of the disease.
Ex-Chelsea doctor Eva Carneiro explains how players are highly vulnerable while the disease is massively spreading worldwide. “Professional players have been shown to be regularly immunosuppressed,” Dr Eva Carneiro said, as per the Daily Mail.
“This has been demonstrated by both blood tests and the rate and incidence of the upper respiratory tract and other infections, which is how a virus like this starts,”
“That’s due to the amount of sport they play in. The physical activity, playing at a professional level, with games sometimes every 72 hours, as well as training creates a strain on the body,” Dr Carneiro added.
The points made by Carneiro has been the major concern for UEFA and other Football associations too, as the game is a contact sport and the virus pose threat to staffers along with the players.
“It means they have to enter an airport even though they might be travelling by private jet,” Dr Carneiro said. “Travel can also mean a change in sleep patterns, arriving back in the early hours of the morning, creating fatigue which again can make players susceptible.
“They also are part of families who are exposed to the greater community,” Dr Carneiro continued. “Fixtures also mean exposure to other teams, staff, nationalities, the latter having regular travel exposures of their own, with differing immunity profiles.”
Thanks for your words and support.Feeling better already.We’re all facing a huge & unprecedented challenge.Everyone’s health is all that matters right now.Protect each other by following the guidelines & we’ll come through this together.Well done PL for making the right decisions pic.twitter.com/0rnwHmQWha
— Mikel Arteta (@m8arteta) March 13, 2020
Also read: Ronaldinho wins six-a-side football tournament in Paraguayan prison; scores 5 goals
So far, Mikel Arteta, Daniele Rugani and Callum Hudson Odoi are the prominent names who have been tested positive of the virus this week.
About the author
-
Sudarshan Venkatesan •
Man Utd 1-1 Arsenal: 3 Talking Points as Unai Emery’s Gunners hold Solskjaer’s Red Devils | Premier League 2019/20
-
Tanish Chachra •
Ronaldinho receives lower rating than South Korean legend in PES 2020
-
Rishabh Gupta •
Possum wins ‘Man of the Match’ in Liga MX game between Puebla and Veracruz
-
Gautam Kapoor •
Update : DYB vs ISL Dream11 Prediction : Dynamo Brest Vs Isloch Best Dream 11 Team for Belarus Premier League Match
-
Archie Blade •
Jose Mourinho left Son Heung-Min embarrassingly hanging after Tottenham victory on Tuesday
-
Tanish Chachra •
Luiz Suarez injury: Suarez picked an injury in first La Liga match of this season
