Highest Esports Prize Money: DOTA 2 prize pool money surpasses Fortnite World Cup mammoth prize money pool, even before collection completion.
Esports players have seen massive payout in the last five years, with outrageous amount of rewards being distributed among the participants during the events.
Among these, DOTA competitions have managed to out-beat everyone in terms of the financial prizes, and that is one of the reasons, why its championships are most valued among the gamers.
In recent events, it has been revealed that the International 2019 is the concluding tournament of the DOTA Pro Circuit has been able to amass highest prize pool this year.
Moreover, the pool has been able to break the total collection of last year, which was around $25 million, and has also defeated Fortnite World Cup pool, which was highest this year so far, and was around $30 million.
But now, the International 2019 has been able to amass around $31.2 million dollars, and the collection will keep on going until next 24 more days. Hence, a huge emancipation of prize money is expected ahead.
With this, the upcoming DOTA tournament is going to be a lucrative destination for all the participating teams declared. Now we will see the top 10 Esports tournaments with the highest prize pools ever.
Tournaments with highest prize pools
- International 2019 – $31.22 million*
- 2019 Fortnite World Cup Finals – $30.4 million
- The International 8 – $25.5 million
- The International 7 – $24.6 million
- The International 6 – $20.4 million
- The International 5 – $18.4 million
- The International 4 – $10.9 million
- 2018 League of Legends World Championship – $6.4 million
- 2016 League of Legends World Championship – $5 million
- 2017 League of Legends World Championship – $4.9 million
- Fortnite Fall Skirmish Series – Clubs Standings – $4 million
(*) – crowdfunding is yet to be completed