Here are the nominees for the Best FIFA World Player of the year 2019.
Over the past year, numerous individuals in the European top five divisions have been standout. Liverpool’s Virgil Van Dijk won the UEFA Men’s Player of the year award, but it’s time for the best player on the planet.
Similar to the UEFA, FIFA, the governing body of world football, hands over the award to the best man and woman player. Virgil Van Dijk, Cristiano Ronaldo, and Lionel Messi are the runners for the Men’s player of the year, while Lucy Bronze, Alex Morgan, and Megan Rapinoe for the women’s player of the year.
With so many world-class players, anticipations are higher because of the fierce competition.
Here are the nominees for the UEFA Men’s and women’s player of the year, followed by Puskas award, which is given to the best goal over the past year. Additionally, the best coach award is also handed out for the men and women category. Goalkeepers are also greeted in this ceremony.
Here is a look at the awards being handed out on Monday:
The Best FIFA Men’s Player:
- Cristiano Ronaldo, Portugal/Juventus
- Lionel Messi, Argentina/Barcelona
- Virgil van Dijk, Netherlands/Liverpool
The Best FIFA Women’s Player:
- Lucy Bronze, England/Olympique Lyonnais Feminin
- Alex Morgan, USA/Orlando Pride
- Megan Rapinoe, USA/Reign FC
The Best FIFA Men’s Coach:
- Pep Guardiola, Spain/Manchester City
- Jurgen Klopp, Germany/Liverpool
- Mauricio Pochettino, Argentina/Tottenham Hotspur
The Best FIFA Women’s Coach:
- Jill Ellis, USA national team
- Phil Neville, England national team
- Sarina Wiegman, Netherlands
The Best FIFA Men’s Goalkeeper:
- Alisson Becker, Brazil/Liverpool
- Ederson, Brazil/Manchester City
- Marc-Andre ter Stegen, Germany/Barcelona
The Best FIFA Women’s Goalkeeper
- Christiane Endler, Chile/Paris Saint-Germain
- Hedvig Lindahl, Sweden/Chelsea/VfL Wolfsburg
- Sari van Veenendaal, Netherlands/Arsenal/Atlético Madrid
FIFA Puskas Award:
- Lionel Messi (Argentina): Real Betis v. FC Barcelona (La Liga, 17 March 2019)
- Juan Fernando Quintero (Colombia): River Plate v. Racing Club (Superliga Argentina, 10 February 2019)
- Daniel Zsori (Hungary): Debrecen FC v Ferencvaros TC (Hungarian First Division, 16 February 2019)
ALSO READ: Telecast details for FIFA awards in India