There were plenty of reports of Eden Hazard to Real Madrid during the summer transfer window. When the Blues lost Thibaut Courtois last summer, they did not want his fellow colleague to follow his path and put the new manager Maurizio Sarri in danger.
Understanding the situation and the amount of turmoil it would cause because of his departure at Chelsea, the forward decided to stay put at Stamford Bridge. However, it is understood that the Belgian has rejected two contract extension offers as he is waiting for something to happen.
Top 10 wingers in the #PremierLeague according to the Mirror:
1⃣ Eden Hazard
2⃣ Raheem Sterling
3⃣ Leroy Sane
4⃣ Sadio Mane
5⃣ Heung-min Son
6⃣ Ryan Fraser
7⃣ Felipe Anderson
9⃣ Wilfried Zaha
🔟 Anthony Martial
Who’s too high, who’s too low on this list? 🤨🤨 pic.twitter.com/VYx8qCKJkN
— Football Super Tips (@FootySuperTips) January 16, 2019
In few press conferences when asked about the reigning European Champions, the Belgian has spoken about his admiration for the Los Blancos as he has grown up watching them and called it “Childhood dream” to play for the Spanish outfit.
It is understood that Chelsea are going to demand a fee of 100 million Pounds in the forthcoming transfer window despite having a contract only until 2020.
— AS English (@English_AS) January 16, 2019
❓| RUMOUR ⬇️@SkySports are writing that Eden Hazard has reportedly refused two contract offers by Chelsea, waiting for Real Madrid’s offer to come.
— SofaScore🌐 (@SofaScoreINT) January 16, 2019
When the Belgian football expert Kristof Terreur spoke to the media, he issued a statement that Hazard is waiting for his dream move to Real Madrid.
He also said that Real Madrid have made any inquiry about Eden Hazard since the summer transfer window, and has not agreed to the personal terms too.
“He has rejected two contract offers so far and says that he doesn’t want to sign right now. That means he is waiting for something and that something means just one thing, Real Madrid.
“Real Madrid are still interested as far as I know, but they are still yet to make their move. They don’t have a personal agreement with him at this point, they don’t have an agreement with Chelsea and they haven’t even made the phone call like they did last summer.”
Since Real Madrid are going through a tough spell, it is more likely to see them splash their cash on the front line in the summer transfer window. Karim Benzema is the top scorer for the Los Blancos with 12 goals this season. On the other hand, Gareth Bale has been hampered with an injury once again.
Real Madrid have been long term admirers and saw him as the heir to Cristiano Ronaldo. Mauro Icardi is another forward linked with the Los Blancos. If Perez decided to sanction a deal for the Argentine forward, there is a possible departure of Karim Benzema and Isco who would yield at least 130 million between them.