“Charles who I think was maybe a bit ruthless”- Sebastian Vettel on Charles Leclerc’s alleged dangerous drive
“Charles who I think was maybe a bit ruthless”- Sebastian Vettel on Charles Leclerc’s alleged dangerous drive in Bahrain Grand Prix.
Sebastian Vettel was infuriated with Charles Leclerc in the race on Sunday, as he found him ‘restless’ by not giving him space and endangered him of being eliminated from the race.
“Again, he can’t just do that, as if I wasn’t there,” Vettel quipped on the radio equating the move to Leclerc’s ill-fated leap up the inside at Spielberg earlier this year.
“It’s the same as Austria, seriously. This time I, you know I… should have crashed, maybe it was the better option.” After the race Vettel calmly talked about the situation and remarked faults made by Leclerc.
“I took extra care for Charles who I think was maybe a bit ruthless, but after that there was probably a lost fight from there,” he said to the media.
“I don’t know, the first stint was really poor; obviously at the start I think I lost a lot of ground because I got squeezed [by Leclerc]. I took extra care for the other car, and then I was compromised a lot, lost positions…”
Mattia Binotto claims the situation has been pacified
In an interview with the Skysports, Binotto has claimed that the situation was later discussed between the two drivers after the race, and accepted the reality of the situation.
Mattia #Binotto ha commentato a @SkySport il #BahrainGP della @ScuderiaFerrari, a punti con il 10° posto di @Charles_Leclerc#SkyMotori #F1 #Formula1 pic.twitter.com/BeJVZkIe2X
— Sky Sport F1 (@SkySportF1) November 30, 2020
“Regardless of what they say on the radio, after the race our drivers cleared up the situation in a completely friendly way. They both recognised it was just a racing episode. […] There was enough space for the move, Charles was always in control of his line.” said Binotto.
About the author
-
Tanish Chachra •
“I would like to fight Lewis Hamilton, Max Verstappen and Fernando Alonso”- Yuki Tsunoda on his F1 debut aspirations
-
Aishwary Gaonkar •
“Christian Horner Never Treats Drivers the Same” – F1 Expert Tears Into Red Bull Boss as Carlos Sainz Weighs His 2025 Options
-
Aishwary Gaonkar •
Despite No Seat Yet, Liam Lawson Labelled a ‘Solution’ For One of Red Bull’s ‘Issues’
-
Anirban Aly Mandal •
Ferrari Missed to Replicate 16-Year-Old Feat Because of Charles Leclerc’s Last Minute Slip
-
Tanish Chachra •
Red Bull’s Shenanigans in Japan With Sergio Perez Goes Futile as Damage to $700,000 Equipment Forces Dreadful Start for the Mexican
-
Vidit Dhawan •
Ferrari Practiced 1,800 Pitstops in 2023 Season to Perfect Their Race Skills, Reveals Kym Illman
