“The truth is that today I’m fine.”: Lionel Messi Quashes News Of Him Being Uneasy At Barcelona: The Barcelona player has spoken at length about the saga surrounding his future at the club
Despite having affirmed that he would be staying at Barcelona for another season, Lionel Messi’s future has remained a major source of discussion. With persistent news of the player being unhappy springing up, reports of him departing the side at the end of the ongoing season have stayed intact.
Adding to the bruhaha has been Neymar who has been strongly advocating for a reunion with the player. Also, with Barcelona currently in over their heads with debt with the club staring at a behemoth 720 million pound deficit, PSG and Manchester City have been constantly spoken to move in for the player when this season curtails.
The Barcelona player has finally addressed those ever growing rumours. Speaking in an hour long interview which is yet to be aired in Spain, Lionel Messi spoke openly about the issues he’s had to go through this year.
“The truth is that today I’m fine.”: Lionel Messi
Messi was quick to assert that whilst he was in the middle of a soup earlier in the year, he’s in a much happier place now and is looking forward to the upcoming season at Barcelona.
“The truth is that today I’m fine. It’s true that I had a very bad time in the summer.
“It came from before. What happened before the summer, because of how the season ended, the burofax and all that .Then I dragged him a bit at the beginning of the season.
“But today I’m fine and I feel like fighting seriously for everything that lies ahead, excited.
“And excited. I know that the club is going through a difficult time, at club level and team, and everything that surrounds Barcelona becomes difficult but I’m looking forward to it,” Messi said.
Messi had prior to the onset of the ongoing season come out publicly to say that he wanted to exit the La Liga side. However, an exit had been blocked by then club president Bartomeu with him citing that Messi had put in the transfer request after June 10 which meant any prospected suitors would need to shell out 630 million pounds to sign the player.
“I am going to continue in the club because the president told me that the only way to leave was to pay the 700million euros clause, and that is impossible, and then the only other way was to go to court,” Messi had said after Bartomeu’s statements.