The Portuguese was at his typical snappy best ensuing his sack
The inevitable finally occurred for Jose Mourinho on Monday. After months of underwhelming displays, Tottenham finally ran out of patience with their coach as they asked Mourinho to head for the exit door.
Mourinho Takes To Instagram
The Portuguese was sacked midway into his contract. And while he refused to offer any comment of the latest development, he was quick to take to Instagram to post a video where he claimed he was being hounded by media houses.
“They don’t give me privacy, even my friend Gary (Cotterill) is disturbing me. That’s my life,” said Mourinho in the video.
He meanwhile refused to offer any comment when pressed on a comment after being sacked.
“No , no, thank you so much. No plans to speak, you know me, you know that I’m not going to say anything,” Mourinho said.
Tottenham had earlier in the day taken to their site to reveal that they would no longer be working with Mourinho going forward.
“The Club can today announce that Jose Mourinho and his coaching staff Joao Sacramento, Nuno Santos, Carlos Lalin and Giovanni Cerra have been relieved of their duties,” a statement by the club read.
“Chairman, Daniel Levy, said: “Jose and his coaching staff have been with us through some of our most challenging times as a Club. Jose is a true professional who showed enormous resilience during the pandemic.
“On a personal level I have enjoyed working with him and regret that things have not worked out as we both had envisaged. He will always be welcome here and we should like to thank him and his coaching staff for their contribution.”
“Ryan Mason will take First Team training today and a further update will follow in due course.”
Tottenham will be taking on Manchester City in the side’s impending outing at the weekend. The clash will be the first time Ryan Mason will be taking over charge of the club.