Valheim Tips and Tricks : Valheim recently became quite popular and tons of players have started visiting the game regularly. The co-op survival game can prove to be too difficult for many that are starting out. If you are a first-timer, then this article will help you advance quickly and teach you the ropes of the game!
Valheim hit its all-time high of 360,000 concurrent players this weekend and 2 million copies sold as well! All of this was achieved by the game within just 13 days of being released.
It’s a survival-based game that can allow players to form teams of up to 10 members. The whole game is inspired by Viking culture and has you build, battle, and conquer as you progress through the game. Click here to check out the game’s Steam page if you haven’t tried it out yet!
Some Valheim Tips and Tricks to get you started!
- Make Poison Antidotes using the cauldron. Doing this while being in the swamp is almost necessary.
- Try not to wander in the Swamp at night.
- AVOID plains at all costs. You will perish. Doing so (avoiding plains) might just save you some time and progress used to recover your supplies.
- The use of shields is advised. A tier one bronze shield is enough to parry every enemy in the Swamp but upgrading the shield is advised.
- Try and max out your copper armor during the start of the game and before you fight the first boss.
- Bronze is quite useless and it is recommended to bypass it completely and use a Tier 4 Flint weapon and Troll Hide Armor until Iron.
- A maxed-out bronze armor is about the same as base-level iron armor.
- Mining is one of the more boring parts of the game as copper is quite hard to acquire and useless once you have iron.
- Always upgrade to the next armor level after defeating the boss.
- Get antidotes and craft sausages from Draugr loot. Small healing potions will also be of help. Carrot Soups are also a great way to replenish health and stamina.
- Using the bow on enemies might be easier, however, learning to parry and fight, in general, will be helpful later on in the game. The parry will make the game A LOT easier for you and it is recommended to perfect your parry before progressing in the game.
- Remember that getting to crypts is harder than clearing them once you are inside them.
- Retreating is always a viable option to save supplies.
Hopefully, this will help you get a general idea of how to progress in the beginning of the game.