Dream XI Prediction: Canterbury Kings vs Wellington Firebirds – 9 January 2020 (Wellington)
Canterbury Kings will take on Wellington Firebirds in the 25th Match of Super Smash which will be played at Basin Reserve in Wellington. Firebirds are already in the Finals and would again like to give some chance to youngsters whereas Canterbury are still in the hunt of play-offs and would like to get a win.
Pitch Report – Basin Reserve is a very good chasing ground with 7 successful chases out of 8. Average batting score at this surface is 155 but in this season of Super Smash, we have seen flat batting tracks and this may also be the same.
Match Details :
Date: 9 January Time:- 8.40 AM
Probable XI for both sides:-
Canterbury Kings – Chad Bowes, Jack Boyle, Stephen Murdoch, Cole McConchie, Cam Fletcher, Andrew Ellis, Leo Carter, Henry Shipley, Will Williams, Sean Davey, Ed Nuttal.
Wellington Firebirds – Devon Conway, Michael Pollard, Rachin Ravindra, Michael Bracewell, James Neesham, Fraser Colson, Jamie Gibson, Peter Younghusband, Logan van Beek, Ollie Newton, Hamish Bennett.
Top 4 Batting order for both teams:-
Canterbury Kings:- Chad Bowes, Jack Boyle, Stephen Murdoch, and Cole McConchie.
Wellington Firebirds:- Devon Conway, Michael Pollard, Rachin Ravindra, and Michael Bracewell.
Clean Hitters in the Squad:-
Canterbury Kings:- Chad Bowes, Jack Boyle and Cole McConchie.
Wellington Firebirds:- Devon Conway, Michael Pollard, and James Neesham.
Death Bowling Specialists (Tends to get more wickets):-
Canterbury Kings:- Will Williams and Henry Shipley
Wellington Firebirds:- Ollie Newton
WEL vs CTB Dream11 Wicket-Keepers
Devon Conway (Price- 9.5) should be the best pick as he has been in brilliant form and has scored a brilliant century in the last game too. So, he would like to repeat his heroics.
WEL vs CTB Dream11 Dream XI Batsmen
- Chad Bowes (Price 9.5):- Bowes is a clean-hitter of the ball and can take full advantage of his top-notch form. A very aggressive player.
- Jack Boyle (Price 9):- Boyle is also a very good option who can make use of the powerplay overs and is in a decent form too. He and Bowes make a very good pair.
- Michael Pollard (Price 8.5):- Pollard is one of the biggest hitters of the cricket ball. Pollard comes to open the innings and has been of significant impact. In the last game, he was in very good touch and scored an unbeaten half-century
- Stephen Murdoch (Price 9.5)- Murdoch is a very good option at number 3. He complements Boyle and Bowes very well and he will also be a good pick.
[Leo Carter can be a wildcard pick as he smashed 6 sixes in an over against Knights and would be in a great mental space]
WEL vs CTB Dream11 All-Rounders
Cole McConchie (Price 9) bats a significant amount of overs plus is a wicket-taker in the middle overs.
James Neesham (Price 9) and R. Ravindra (Price 8.5) are the clear choices too as, both of them bats a significant amount of overs and are also a genuine wicket-taking options in the side.
WEL vs CTB Dream11 Bowlers
- Hamish Bennett (Price 9):- Hamish bowls at death as well as in powerplays and is a regular wicket-taker. With his raw-pace, he is a very lethal player.
- Ollie Newton (Price 9):- Ollie is also a genuine wicket-taker and he bowls in death over too, so his chances of taking wickets are much more.
- Ed Nuttal (Price 8.5):- Ed Nuttal has been a decent bowler for Canterbury. A decent bowler who can pick wickets.
[Van Beek and Will Williams are also good options with the ball but, our preferences are Bennett and Nuttal.]
SportsRush Featured Dream XI Team for the Game
Toss-Tip : If Canterbury bats first then Cam Fletcher can also be a good option for the team.
Devon Conway © – Conway has scored a brilliant century in the last game and would like to continue his form. Track of Basin Reserve will assist him too.
James Neesham (VC) – Neesham has been in very good form throughout the tournament with bot bat and ball. Bats sometimes even at number 4 and a genuine wicket-taker too.
Dream 11 Disclaimer
All our selections are based on in-depth and astute analysis of the players partaking in the match, pitch report and a perusal of other reasoning. Please incorporate a slew of factors while crafting your own side with this article serving as a guide to the match and players.