Fernando Alonso will require further surgery for his jaw injury
Fernando Alonso will be off for another surgery this winter, as he needs further assistance with his jaw injury obtained in Switzerland.
Fernando Alonso is ready to compete for Alpine this season, as he is in Bahrain to participate in the Formula 1 testing, two weeks before the first Grand Prix of 2021.
Initially, there were doubts about Alonso taking part in the test sessions, as he got a jaw injury last month from a road accident in Switzerland, which required surgery. But the Spaniard recovered quickly and is now back in action.
According to Motorsport, Alonso would be heading away for another surgery after the end of the season, as revealed by the Spaniard himself on Friday.
“I don’t expect any issues, honestly,” said Alonso when asked about how the crash had impacted his preparations for the campaign. “I’ve been training for, I think three weeks or two weeks, absolutely normal, and I’ve been in the simulator as well, Monday and Tuesday, so you know the preparations were not affected too much.”
“I missed only a couple of marketing days and filming days, which I was happy in a way. I recorded everything yesterday afternoon, so I had a very intense day on marketing activities. But yeah, I feel fine, obviously.”
“One thing is the professional side and driving side, which is 100%. On the personal side, obviously, I will have to remove two titanium plates that I have on the upper jaw, which will be removed at the end of the season.
“So, there is still something going on after the championship finishes, but, as I said, they will not affect my professional life.”
“The midfield is competitive”- Fernando Alonso.
Alonso is set to put his step back into F1 from Saturday onwards, as Alpine planned his first two sessions on the second day together. Though the Spaniard doesn’t fear the challenges, he still feels that the midfield is extremely competitive.
“I don’t fear any particular challenge,” he said. “But how the midfield is right now, it is very competitive, so it’s something that we are aware of, that we need to maximise, and we need to make perfection every weekend if we want to score good points.”
About the author
-
Tanish Chachra •
“That’s $300K 720 Oh my god!”– When Lando Norris became chauffer for 12-year-old school kid
-
Tanish Chachra •
“He’s the last guy you want to be hanging out with for two hours in your mirrors”– Former Red Bull superstar thinks Fernando Alonso is still a magician on racedays
-
Somin Bhattacharjee •
“In the same way we let Nyck de Vries go”: Toto Wolff admits possibility of Mick Schumacher joining Red Bull in future like Dutch driver
-
Srijon Jana •
Daniel Ricciardo Admits Being Horrified by McLaren, After Making a Solid Comeback in F1
-
Tejas Venkatesh •
Carlos Sainz outpaced the entire F1 grid and was fastest in the 2022 French GP by 2 seconds
-
Sabyasachi Biswas •
Aero God Adrian Newey Names the One Team That’s Came Close to Nailing Red Bull’s Secret Recipe
