Dota 2 Aghanim’s Shard: Top 5 Aghanim’s Shards in Dota 2 for Patch 7.29b. With Patch 7.29, there have been quite a few reworks in the Aghanim’s Shard ability for many heroes. This article will illustrate the Top 5 heroes to buy Aghanim’s Shard on in Patch 7.29b.
It has been quite a while since Aghanim’s Shard was introduced in Dota 2. The Aghanim’s Shard unlocks a new skill or improves the power of an already existing skill. Ever since they were brought into the game, players have been loving the concept, and some of the Aghanim’s Shards are even game-breaking.
In the last few patches, Valve has been relentlessly in the pursuit of making the Shards balanced and not broken. After quite a few updates and fixes, finally, in patch 7.29b, the Aghanim’s Shard seems to be pretty balanced.
Below, we will look at the top 5 Aghanim’s Shards in Dota 2. These are all based on the skill the shard unlocks and how much it helps the team in-game, and not on the overall usefulness of the hero.
Top 5 Aghanim’s Shard in Dota 2 Patch 7.29b
- Centaur Warrunner: Centaur’s Shard buffs up his double edge skill. Double Edge uses Centaur’s Strength to calculate the damage dealt. With the Shard, Centaur gets a strength bonus when hitting heroes with Double Edge. This makes him, even more, better for a tanker role as his HP pool will increase if he gets off a good hoof-stomp & Double Edge combo.
- Crystal Maiden: It is not surprising to see CM make the top 3 on this list. CM’s Shard allows players to move while casting Freezing Field. Although it is still a channelling spell, the shard makes it easier for CM to stay on top of enemies and make the Freezing Field follow them. However, it can still be cancelled if CM is disabled.
- Riki: Riki is still firmly cemented in this patch’s Meta game, and the Shard is very useful for the playstyle suited to using Riki. The Shard, which produced a sleeping Dart, puts enemies to sleep for 4 seconds. When combined with Smoke Screen, this makes Riki’s ability kit very potent.
- Dazzle: With the Aghanim’s Shard, Dazzle’s Poison Touch will hex enemies into a pig for 1.5 seconds. Although the duration is not too long, it is significant enough to make a big difference in-game, especially in late-game fights.
- Legion Commander: The Shard, for Legion Commander, upgrades her 2nd skill: Press the Attack. Allies who are given this Buff will also become spell-immune for 1.5 seconds. Spell Immunity is quintessential to winning fights in the late-game. So, LC’s Shard is super beneficial for both herself and for her team.