The F1 2020 Patch Notes 1.07 released by ‘Codemasters’ highlights the “Keep Fighting” special feature introduced for Michael Schumacher.
Codemasters released Patch 1.06 with much fanfare, the highlight being the Black Mercedes livery. Mercedes Team Principal had this to say when launching the livery as a tribute to the Black Lives Matter movement.
“Racism and discrimination have no place in our society, our sport or our team: this is a core belief of Mercedes. But having the right beliefs and the right mindset isn’t enough if we remain silent.”
Keep Fighting Schumacher the highlight of Patch 1.07
The Patch 1.07 is focusing on Michael Schumacher, and the Keep Fighting Foundation, as he legend battles for life. Codemasters have enabled the sale of premium in-game items like a car livery, helmet, gloves, suit and badge. All the revenue from these sales will go to the Keep Fighting Foundation.
Apart from this, improvements have also been made in the split-screen and multiplayer modes. Race related fixes like incorrect ‘0 stop strategy’, and issues relating to overtaking a safety car in the pit lane has also been fixed. An issue with the nationality flags on the Mercedes’ race suits have also been addressed.
Here is the complete breakdown of the updates the Patch 1.07 is adding to the game.
- Keep Fighting Foundation DLC pack is available, where the aforementioned in-games times relating to Schumacher can be purchased.
- Issues relating to a crash that occurs while wacthing a multiplayer race has been addressed.
- The split-screen resolution has been increased. Also, in this mode, Player 2 can no longer change the race strategy for Player 1, while making changes to his own.
- Races that require a pit stop to be done will not show ‘0 stop strategy’ as an option.
- At Brazil’s Interlagos, brake boards have been installed at turn 12.
- Performance issues when running Steam in offline mode has been fixed.
- Players will no longer be given points after failing to finish a race, in unranked mode.
- Purple fastest lap times are now clearly displayed on the race results.
- Glove textures’ resolution have been improved under certain conditions on track.
- Players who overtake the safety car in a pit lane entrance or exit wll no longer be penalised.
- Parc Ferme rules will now correctly apply if the driver is eliminated in the first qualifying session.
- An issue where all participants in a weekly event would not be awarded points has been addressed.
- The British and Finnish flags are now correctly displayed on Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas’ suits, respectively.
- Numerous other game-play related stability and bug fixes have been done.
F1 2020 1.07 Patch Live on PC https://t.co/21qMtmUrqQ
— F1 & MotorSport Manager Setups (@F1CarSetup) August 10, 2020