“I will do my best to be here again next year”– Antonio Giovinazzi speaks on his future in F1, pledges to give everything to survive.
With Alfa Romeo declaring that the team’s lineup might be announced in September, Antonio Giovinazzi’s future in Formula 1 is most uncertain ever since Mick Schumacher’s entry to Alfa Romeo was reported last year.
But the Italian race driver is unwilling to leave the team easily and has pledged to deliver everything to remain in F1 in 2022, while Alfa Romeo is contemplating with all resources.
“I still don’t know anything. In the end it will be a decision by Alfa Romeo, the team and certainly Ferrari as well. We’ll see, I can’t say anything because I don’t know anything. What I can promise you is that I will do my best to be here again next year,” said Giovinazzi to Tuttomotoriweb.it.
A strong ground is abandoned.
To sustain his seat in Alfa Romeo, Giovinazzi would probably be commanded to overtake Williams in the championship, who for the first time in 2.5 years gained points in a Grand Prix, and their end to drought was a fancy 10 point haul that has taken them to the eighth position with a seven-point lead.
And to clear that deficit, Giovinazzi said that Singapore would have been an amazing venue for Alfa Romeo to perform this year, but unfortunately, it has been cancelled.
🚨 BREAKING: Turkey is back on the Formula 1 calendar for 2021! 🇹🇷
— Autosport (@autosport) June 25, 2021
“Unfortunately one of those could have been Singapore, but it won’t be there. We will see, but in any case it changes little. This year, in circuits where we thought we were going strong, it went badly and vice versa.”
“It is difficult because you have to find the right temperature window for the exploitation of the tires. Now, looking back at the calendar, I don’t have a particular Grand Prix in mind. I’m definitely looking forward to racing in Monza. Also because it is the home race.”