FIFA 23 Title Update 9 out now: Full patch notes
|Published March 23, 2023
This week, women’s football gets more representation with the UEFA Women’s Champions League coming to FIFA 23. Additionally, a bunch of new kits are being shipped alongside balance changes. Driven ground passes are now more accurate, sprint stats have been changed for a few players, and interceptions have been readjusted. Here’s a look at everything new in the FIFA 23 update.
UEFA Women’s Champions League, sprint mechanic adjustments, and more added in FIFA 23 update
Loading embed tweet https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA/status/1638526164749672450?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
General, Audio, and Visual
Made the following changes:
- Added the UEFA Women`s Champions League (UWCL) to the Kick Off and Tournaments.
- Added the National Women`s Soccer League (NWSL) to Kick Off, Online Seasons and Friendlies, as well as Tournaments.
- Added four new Women`s clubs:
- Real Madrid C.F., VFL Wolfsburg, Juventus, and Eintracht Frankfurt
- Updated some kits, star heads, competition bios, tifos, credits, logos, armbands, badges, anthems, substitution boards, stadia, balls, ad boards, tattoos, facial accessories, trophies, and pitch flags.
- Added ten new signature celebrations.
Made the following changes:
- Players with the Explosive AcceleRATE archetype now accelerate slightly faster during the early stages of a requested sprint.
- When intercepting the ball while jockeying, the player is now better able to take control of the ball instead of it bouncing away from the player.
- Increased accuracy of Driven Ground Passes made to teammates ahead of the ball carrier, in situations where the passer is under no pressure from defenders.
- Improved contextual logic when determining if a Standing Tackle request should lead to a defending player performing a Standing Tackle or a Push/Pull.
- This change will result in more Standing Tackles being performed than Pushes or Pulls, in some situations.
- Slightly increased the likelihood of a knuckleball shot occurring when requesting a Power Shot.
- Decreased the speed that the ball can travel at from a free kick taken with the outside of the foot.
- Slightly decreased the range required for a defender to attempt a tackle without being requested to do so.
- Increased consistency of flicking the ball if the ball was in the air.
Addressed the following issues:
- In some cases, a player could take longer than intended to start sprinting with the ball when a sprint was requested.
- Goalkeepers could have sometimes anticipated shots too quickly.
- This was most noticeable in 1 on 1 situations.
- Improved referee logic when determining potential penalty kick fouls near the edge of the box.
- In rare cases, the camera would not position itself as intended for penalty kicks.
- When performing a tackle near the touchline, defenders could sometimes kick the ball out of play more often than intended.
FIFA Ultimate Team™
Addressed the following issue:
- A stability issue could occur in Co-Op Friendlies.
The update has begun rolling out on all platforms including PC (EA app/Origin/Steam/Epic Games Store), PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One.
Share this article