HUR vs THU Dream11 Prediction: ELIMINATOR Hobart Hurricanes vs Sydney Thunder – 30 January 2020 (Hobart)
Hobart Hurricanes will take on Sydney Thunder in the Eliminator match of BBL 09 which will be played at Bellerive Oval in Hobart. Both teams are finally into the playoffs after a lot of struggle. Hobart are in very good form lately and they will get a huge advantage of playing this crucial game on their home track where Thunder has been quite lucky to break through and would like to make the most of this opportunity. The winner of this game will face Adelaide Strikers in the knockout game where as the loser will bow of the tournament.
Pitch Report – The average total at Bellerive Oval is 167 runs which shows it is a very good batting surface with a very good chasing record. Team winning the toss would be tempted to bowl first
Match Details :
Time:- 2.10 PM, Live on Sony Ten 3/HD
Probable XI for both sides:-
Hobart Hurricanes – Matthew Wade, D’arcy Short, Mac Wright, Ben McDermott, George Bailey, Simon Milenko, James Faulkner, Clive Rose, Scott Boland, Nathan Ellis, Qais Ahmad.
Sydney Thunder – Usman Khawaja, Alex Hales, Callum Ferguson, Alex Ross, Jay Lenton, Daniel Sams, Chris Morris, Arjun Nair, Brendan Doggett, Chris Tremain, Jonathan Cook.
Top 4 Batting order for both teams:-
Hobart Hurricanes:- Matthew Wade, D’arcy Short, Mac Wright, and Ben McDermott.
Sydney Thunder:- Usman Khawaja, Alex Hales, Callum Ferguson, and Alex Ross.
Clean Hitters in the Squad:-
Hobart Hurricanes:- Matthew Wade and D’arcy Short.
Sydney Thunder:- Alex Hales.
Death Bowling Specialists (Tends to get more wickets):-
Hobart Hurricanes:- Nathan Ellis
Sydney Thunder:- Chris Morris
HUR vs THU Dream11 Wicket-Keepers
Matthew Wade (Price 10.5) has been in absolute phenomenal form and he also scored a century in the last game too. He will be a sure pick.
HUR vs THU Dream11 Batsmen
- Mac Wright (Price 8):- Mac has been brilliant in the opportunities he has got and will look to continue his form at number 3.
- George Bailey (Price 8.5):- Bailey has been given the finishing role now and he has played some good knocks at the end, his strike-rate has been good too and can be a decent pick.
- Alex Hales (Price 10):- Alex Hales has been in very-very good form lately and is one of the best T20 batsmen out there. He is now the 2nd highest run-scorer of the league.
- Alex Ross (Price 9):- Ross has been a good performer for Thunder with bat and is quite underrated.
[Usman Khawaja and Callum Ferguson are in very poor form and hence are dropped]
HUR vs THU Dream11 All-Rounders
D’arcy Short (Price 11):- Short is back in BBL and he will be the obvious pick as he will open the innings and will bowl some overs too. He scored a brilliant half-century in the last game and took a fifer in the game before last.
Daniel Sams (Price 10) and Chris Morris (Price 9) will also be in the team as these two takes the majority of the wickets for Thunder and Daniel Sams is the leading wicket-taker of the tournament with 25 wickets to his name, which is a record in Big Bash history. Chris Morris proved his mettle with the bat too in the last game.
HUR vs THU Dream11 Bowlers
- Brendan Doggett (Price 8):- Brendan is back after his injury and he is a brilliant quick bowler and can be a good customer on this track.
- Scott Boland (Price 8.5):- Boland is the most reliable wicket-taker for Hobart now-a-days and would like to play another crucial role.
- Clive Rose (Price 8):- Clive Rose has bowled some crucial overs and has taken some crucial wickets for the Hurricanes, he would like to repeat that again.
[Cost cutting has been done in bowler’s category as all-rounders are quite expensive]
Match Prediction:- Hobart Hurricanes would be the favourites to win this game as they are in very good form and the form of Wade and Short is on another level.
SportsRush Featured Small League Team for the Game
D’arcy Short © – Short is the best pick as captain as he is a wonderful batsmen and he bowls some overs of his left-arm spin too..
Daniel Sams (VC) – Sams has broken the big-bash record by taking 25 wickets in an campaign and he would like to build upon it.
Dream 11 Disclaimer
All our selections are based on in-depth and astute analysis of the players partaking in the match and a perusal of other reasoning. Please incorporate a slew of factors while crafting your own side with this article serving as a guide to the match and players.