IND vs SA Dream11 Team Prediction: South Africa will be desperate to win the match and draw the series in Bengaluru.
The third T20I of the ongoing South Africa’s tour of India will be played in Bengaluru tomorrow. While a victory for India will see them lifting the trophy and continuing their unbeaten streak, a victory for South Africa will see them drawing the series 1-1.
Given India’s all-round performance in the second T20I in Mohali, there is no hiding to the fact that the hosts have the upper hand on the match. Having said that, one can’t entirely rule out the opposition especially in this format.
Both teams will also face the crucial decision of whether to play their Best XI in the last match or give chances to players who didn’t play the Mohali T20I.
IND vs SA Dream11 Team Prediction
Probable Playing XI
1) Shikhar Dhawan 2) Rohit Sharma 3) Virat Kohli (c) 4) Rishabh Pant (wk) 5) Shreyas Iyer 6) Hardik Pandya 7) Krunal Pandya 8) Ravindra Jadeja 9) Washington Sundar 10) Deepak Chahar 11) Navdeep Saini
South Africa squad
1) Quinton de Kock (c & wk) 2) Reeza Hendricks 3) Temba Bavuma 4) Rassie van der Dussen 5) David Miller 6) Andile Phehlukwayo 7) Dwaine Pretorius 8) Bjorn Fortuin 9) Kagiso Rabada 10) Junior Dala / Andrich Nortje 11) Tabraiz Shamsi
India – Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Rishabh Pant
South Africa – Quinton de Kock, Reeza Hendricks, Temba Bavuma, Rassie van der Dussen
India – Rishabh Pant, Hardik Pandya
South Africa – David Miller, Dwaine Pretorius
India – Navdeep Saini, Deepak Chahar, Hardik Pandya
South Africa – Kagiso Rabada, Junior Dala / Andrich Nortje
Pitch conditions and Toss Prediction
M. Chinnaswamy stadium in Bengaluru generally sees high-scoring encounters in this format of the match. Matches in the Indian Premier League are a testament to the same. Therefore, expect the batsmen to call the shots at this surface. The size of the square boundaries should also come in handy for the batsmen.
In the six T20Is at this venue, only twice have teams batting first registered victories. Hence, whosoever wins the toss is likely to elect to bowl first.
Wicket-Keepers for IND vs SA Dream11
My only wicket-keeper batsman for this match is South Africa captain Quinton de Kock. Having scored 52 (37) with the help of eight fours in the previous match, de Kock was the visitors’ best batsman on Wednesday. Had it not been a phenomenal catch from India captain Virat Kohli, the southpaw looked set to further punish the Indian bowlers.
Slated to open the batting, de Kock will have as many as 20 overs to register a significant contribution once again.
Batsmen for IND vs SA Dream11
My stellar batting combination comprises of India’s top three in Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan and Virat Kohli. I have selected the squad in such a manner that you will be easily able to afford this expensive trio. Given India’s dependence on their top three, even if two of them get among the runs, you will be benefited without a doubt.
— Virat Kohli (@imVkohli) September 21, 2019
With a difference of seven runs between them, the match might also witness Sharma and Kohli surpassing each other in the race of becoming the highest run-scorer in T20Is.
South Africa batsman Temba Bavuma, who scored 49 (43) with the help of three fours and a six on debut in Mohali, is my only specialist batsman from the Proteas for this match.
All-rounders for IND vs SA Dream11
The like-for-like Indian pair of Krunal Pandya and Ravindra Jadeja have made it to my Dream 11 fantasy team for this match. It is worth mentioning that one can’t rule out the possibility of India playing Rahul Chahar in place of either of these two players. If that happens, be alert during the toss and make the change accordingly.
South Africa all-rounder Dwaine Pretorius is my third all-rounder from this match. In two T20I innings so far, Pretorius has scored 87 runs at a strike rate of 177.55 without getting out.
Bowlers for IND vs SA Dream11
India pacer Deepak Chahar allured a lot of spotlight after registering bowling figures of 4-0-22-2 in the second match. The manner in which Chahar picks wickets with the new ball makes him a vital name in this team.
Among the South African bowlers, I have picked their two most experienced specialist bowlers in fast bowler Kagiso Rabada and chinaman bowler Tabraiz Shamsi. Rabada, who will bowl both with the new ball and in the death overs, is likely to win points for you.
Having dismissed seven batsmen in three T20Is at an average of 15.71 and a strike rate of 10.2, Junior Dala is South Africa’s highest wicket-taker against India. If South Africa play him tomorrow, don’t hesitate to include him in place of Shamsi.
1) Among India-South Africa matches, Rohit Sharma is the highest run-scorer with 353 runs in 12 matches at an average of 35.30 and a strike rate of 134.73 including a century and two half-centuries.
2) Quinton de Kock’s only IPL century till date had come at this venue. Playing for Delhi Daredevils in IPL 2016, de Kock had scored 108 (51) with the help of 15 fours and three sixes to seal a 192-run chase against Royal Challengers Bangalore.
3) Deepak Chahar has been a revelation with the new ball in the Indian Premier League. In the 17 matches that he played in the last season for Chennai Super Kings, he dismissed 22 batsmen at an average of 21.90, an economy rate of 7.47 and a strike rate of 17.59. A glimpse of his potential was seen in both the third T20I against West Indies in Guyana and second T20I in Mohali.
4) Other than Junior Dala’s impressive record against India in this format, what should make South Africa play him is that he has dismissed Rohit Sharma thrice in as many matches.
Dream 11 Disclaimer
All our selections are based on in-depth and astute analysis of the players partaking in the match, pitch report and a perusal of other reasoning. Please incorporate a slew of factors while crafting your own side with this article serving as a guide to the match and players.