India vs Pakistan World Cup advertisement: How much will the Star Sports earn during India vs Pakistan match on June 16 in Manchester
The epic clash between India and Pakistan on June 16 has already gathered a world lot of hue and cry in the Cricketing fraternity. Had the Lok Sabha elections results fallen on this date, I’m afraid that the Cricket crazy fans would have still got their priorities bang on in favour of this fierce rivalry.
And it is a no brainer as to who helps people keep up-to-date with the latest developments (and controversies) pertaining to a match involving these two neighbours- the media or broadcasters.
Star Sports- the official broadcaster of the ongoing ICC Cricket World Cup 2019, is all set to earn a whooping amount of advertisement revenue during the India vs Pakistan game on June 16 (Sunday) at The Old Trafford in Manchester.
How much will Star Sports earn?
The Star Sports might have suffered a tad as 4 matches so far in the ongoing World Cup have been washed-off due to rain. But, they are all set to make it up, provided the Weather Gods show some mercy and take a rest.
— Star Sports (@StarSportsIndia) June 9, 2019
The Star Sports, through its set of channels, is all set to earn advertising revenue ranging between Rs 25 crore – Rs 30 crore, from India versus Pakistan match.
Around 85% of the inventory have already been sold to sponsors and the remaining 15% is being sold to the eleventh hour interested advertisers. Star Sports is estimated to have advertising inventory of about 6,000 seconds per World Cup match.
Cashing on to the high-octane clash, the broadcaster has exponentially increased their advertising rates.
According to industry estimates, a 10-second ad spot during India versus Pakistan match is priced between Rs 25 lakh – Rs 35 lakh. Compared to this, a 10-second ad spot costs between Rs 3 lakh – Rs 4 lakh, incase of regular matches which does not feature the Indian team.
In case of a match featuring India, a ten second ad slot costs in the range of Rs 10 lakh – Rs 12 lakh.
Insurance companies- the biggest losers so far
Creating a new infamous world record, the ongoing World Cup has had 4 matches so far abandoned due to rain. Hence, as a result it is the insurance companies that have had the poorest World Cup s far, even more than the fans.
Star has insurance cover for their entire Cricket World Cup 2019 broadcast, so insurance companies are the biggest losers in case a match is abandoned. As for advertisers, they will pay to Star only when they are given promised airtime, else they won’t pay anything.
Insurance premium for a match is about ₹1.2-1.5 crore (all stake holders included), which is about 2% of insurance cover. A rain affected World Cup so far, has alerted insurance companies & now they have increased premium by up to 300%!