Kepa Arrizabalaga statistics against Arsenal proved to be a worrying situation for Chelsea after conceding two goals against local rivals.
Arsenal played a hard-fought draw against Chelsea last night, especially after they were drawn to 10-men after David Luiz picked a red card in the 26th minute of the game.
Chelsea came into lead twice against Arsenal, which makes the final score even more frustrating for the Blues as Chelsea blew their chances of winning more than once.
Initially, Jorginho converted the penalty kick earned after Luiz’s red card before Gabriel Martinelli equalised with a swash-buckling run from his own half after N’Golo Kante’s costly slip.
Cesar Azpilicueta looked to have won the game late on with a deft flick, only to see Hector Bellerin curl in a fine left-footed finish to ensure the points were shared at Stamford Bridge.
After both events, Kepa Arrizabalaga came under massive criticism by the fans. The World’s most expensive goalkeeper has caused negative headlines after his poor performance last night.
After the game, his horrendous stats came onto the surface, which simply signals concerns for Frank Lampard, whose performances with Chelsea are drastically going down.
- Faced two shots on target against Arsenal, conceded them both
- The 127th best save percentage in Europe’s top five leagues out of 132 goalkeepers
- The worst save percentage of any Premier League goalkeeper this season
- Fewest ‘expected’ goals prevented in the 2019/20 Premier League season
- Fewer clean sheets than Watford, Burnley, Newcastle and West Ham United this season
- More goals conceded from outside the box (6) than any Premier League goalkeeper in 2019/20
- Ranked as the 27th best Premier League goalkeeper this season out of 35 by WhoScored.com
These statistics have certainly caused fans turning against the Spanish goalkeeper. Despite the draw against Arsenal last night, Chelsea is still safe by 6 points at the fourth position, but Manchester United and Wolves are yet to play their games.