OTG Vs CD Dream XI Prediction: Otago Volts vs Central Stags– 11 January 2020 (Dunedin)
Central Stags will take on Otago Volts in the 27th Match of Super Smash which will be played at University Oval in Dunedin. It is a very important match for the teams so, both would like to get a win anyhow.
Pitch Report – University Oval is a very good batting wicket. Last time we witnessed a 10 wicket win on this surface. The average batting score at this surface is 163, which is quite decent.
Match Details :Date: 11 January Time:- 8.40 AM
Probable XI for both sides:-
Central Stags – George Worker, Dane Cleaver, Christian Leopard, Tom Bruce, Keiran Noema-Barnett, Josh Clarkson, Willem Ludick, Ajaz Patel, Ben Wheeler, Seth Rance, Blair Tickner.
Otago Volts – Hamish Rutherford, Neil Broom, Nick Kelly, Dean Foxcroft, Anaru Kitchen, Josh Finnie, Dale Phillips, Michael Rippon, Jacob Duffy, Max Xhu, Michael Rae.
Top 4 Batting order for both teams:-
Central Stags:- George Worker, Dane Cleaver, Christian Leopard, and Tom Bruce.
Otago Volts:- Hamish Rutherford, Neil Broom, Nick Kelly, and Anaru Kitchen.
Clean Hitters in the Squad:-
Central Stags:- George Worker, Christian Leopard, and Tom Bruce.
Otago Volts:- Neil Broom, Nick Kelly, and Anaru Kitchen.
Death Bowling Specialists (Tends to get more wickets):-
Central Stags:- Seth Rance and Blair Tickner.
Otago Volts:- Michael Rae and Jacob Duffy.
Dream XI Wicket-Keepers
Dane Cleaver (Price- 8.5) will be best for WK as he is a clean-hitter of the cricket ball and is also an opener.
Dream XI Batsmen
- Tom Bruce (Price 9.5) – Bruce is the 6th highest run-scorer of the league and coming at number 4, he would be a great pick.
- Neil Broom (Price 10):- Broom is the 7th highest run-scorer of the league and as an opener, he would be the sure sort pick.
- Hamish Rutherford (Price 9.5):- Rutherford is an experienced campaigner and as an opener, he is a very good pick. He doesn’t throw his wicket away and also is a reliable option.
- Nick Kelly (Price 8.5):- Kelly is an aggressive player who can hit the ball quite hard and can make maximum use of minimum deliveries
- Josh Finnie (Price 8.5):- Finnie is another great middle-order batsman who can play with a decent strike-rate.
NOTE:- Pick any one between Josh Finnie and Nick Kelly
[Christian Leopard is also a very decent batsman but is not looking in good touch lately so, can be avoided]
Dream XI All-Rounders
George Worker (Price 10.5) is a pretty decent batsman and 10th highest run-scorer of the league. He comes to open the innings and is a pretty solid player with bat and also can chip in with few overs.
Dean Foxcroft (Price 10) played a brilliant knock in the last game and also chipped in with a couple of overs. He can be a very good pick on this track.
Noema Barnett (Price 8.5) is the fourth-highest wicket-taker of the tournament and is also a pretty decent middle-order batsman.
[Anaru Kitchen and Michael Rippon are left out as both of them were out of touch throughout the tournament]
Dream XI Bowlers
- Ajaz Patel (Price 8.5):- Highest wicket-taker of the League.
- Blair Tickner (Price 8.5):- A genuine wicket-taker who bowls both in powerplay overs and in death overs too.
- Jacob Duffy (Price 8):- A genuine wicket-taker in middle overs.
[Seth Rance and Michael Rae are also quite decent bowling options but the recent form of Duffy and Blair Tickner, gives them the nod.]
SportsRush Featured Dream XI Team for the Game
George Worker (C) – He has been a brilliant player for Stags and is a very good batsman plus a handy bowler too.
Dane Cleaver (VC) – Dane has been in very good form throughout and would like to continue it..
Dream 11 Disclaimer
All our selections are based on in-depth and astute analysis of the players partaking in the match and a perusal of other reasoning. Please incorporate a slew of factors while crafting your own side with this article serving as a guide to the match and players.