The Spaniard won his 11th French Open title last week.
World No.1 tennis player Rafael Nadal has withdrawn from Queen’s Club event Fever-Tree Championships. He has cited fatigue as the reason for pulling out of the tournament.
“I have spoken to my doctors and need to listen to what my body is telling me,” Rafael Nadal said.
Rafael Nadal hasn’t appeared in the Queen’s Club event since the last three years. He has won one Queens’ Club title so far.
“I would like to say sorry to the tournament organisers and the fans that were hoping to see me play,” Nadal said after pulling out of the tournament.
Rafael Nadal has insisted that he wanted to return to the event this time, but needs rest after a rigorous clay season. “Queen’s is a great event, I have happy memories of winning the title in 2008 and I wanted to come back this year,” said the Spaniard.
The Fever-Tree Championships will run for one week, from 18-24 June, 2018.
Earlier this week, Novak Djokovic announced that he will return to the Queen’s Club event for the first time in eight years, even though he had said earlier that he won’t be playing in the grass season.
Djokovic accepted a late wild-card to enter the Queen’s Club event, saying that it would be a great preparation for the Wimbledon.
Rafael Nadal also tweeted to apologise to his fans for his absence from the tournament.
Very sorry to announce this withdrawal but I have to take some rest according to my doctor after q long clay court season. Hope to see you next year at this great tennis and social event! https://t.co/m3O7izIDMq
— Rafa Nadal (@RafaelNadal) June 13, 2018