SCO vs HUR Dream 11 Prediction: Perth Scorchers vs Hobart Hurricanes Best Dream Team for Big Bash League Match on the 5th of January.
Perth Scorchers will take on Hobart Hurricanes in the 24th Match of BBL 09 which will be played at Perth Stadium in Perth. Both Perth and Hobart have won couple of games this season so, are in desperate need of a win.
Pitch Report – Perth Stadium’s pitch is very good for batting and carries even bounce on the surface. The ball comes to the bat very nicely and we can expect a high scoring encounter.
Match Details :
Time:- 4.10 PM, Live on Sony Ten 3/HD
Probable XI for both sides:-
Perth Scorchers – Liam Livingstone, Josh Inglis, Cameron Bancroft, Ashton Turner, Mitchell Marsh, Ashton Agar, Cameron Green, Chris Jordan, Jhye Richardson, Matt Kelly, Fawad Ahmed.
Hobart Hurricanes – D’arcy Short, Caleb Jewell, Ben McDermott, David Miller, George Bailey, Simon Milenko, Tom Rogers, Riley Meredith, Scott Boland, Nathan Ellis, Qais Ahmad.
Top 4 Batting order for both teams:-
Perth Scorchers:- Liam Livingstone, Josh Inglis, Cameron Bancroft, and Ashton Turner.
Hobart Hurricanes:- – D’arcy Short, Caleb Jewell, Ben McDermott, and David Miller.
Clean Hitters in the Squad:-
Perth Scorchers:- Liam Livingstone, Mitchell Marsh and Ashton Turner.
Hobart Hurricanes:- D’arcy Short, Ben McDermott, and David Miller.
Death Bowling Specialists (Tends to get more wickets):-
Perth Scorchers:- Chris Jordan and Matt Kelly
Hobart Hurricanes:- Nathan Ellis and Riley Meredith
Dream XI Wicket-Keepers
Ben McDermott (Price 9) is looking in very good touch this season and coming at number 3, he would be an ideal pick.
Dream XI Batsmen
- Caleb Jewell (Price 8):- Caleb is a genuine stroke player who plays without fear. Caleb hasn’t played a big knock this season but has certainly looked good in patches. As an opener, he is a player worth taking into the squad.
- Liam Livingstone (Price 8.5):- Liam has shown glimpses of his form. Although he is yet to make a good mark in the Big-Bash, still he is a deadly player and will be a good pick.
- Cameron Bancroft (Price 9.5):- Cameron Bancroft is the best technically sound player of Scorchers. Playing at number 3, Bancroft is a stable option who can bat for long and has a very good record in Perth.
- Ashton Turner (Price 9.5):- Ashton Turner is yet to show his best form in the league but the surface of Perth suits him and he can be a very deadly option if he gets going.
[David Miller and George Bailey are 2 very good batsmen but they are in very poor form lately and they aren’t getting many deliveries to face]
Dream XI All-Rounders
Mitchell Marsh (Price 9.5) is the clear choices as he bats a significant amount of overs plus is a wicket-taker in the middle overs.
D’arcy Short (Price 9.5):- Short should be in every fantasy team. Highest scorer of last 2 BBL seasons and his continuing his form this season too. A genuine opener and also a wicket-taker with his spin. Short is the bumper package.
[James Faulkner is injured and won’t be a part of the game]
Dream XI Bowlers
- Chris Jordan (Price 9):- Jordan is one of the bowlers of T20 cricket. He is in a very good form with 8 wickets in 5 games. His economy is under 8 and he is a great fielder too.
- Riley Meredith (Price 8.5):- Riley has been the best bowler for Hurricanes in the tournament and also the 4th-highest wicket-taker overall. Riley is a genuine wicket-taker in powerplays and Perth’s wicket will suit him too.
- Qais Ahmed (Price 8.5):- After taking a fifer in the first game, Qais Ahmed hasn’t looked in great touch but the surface of Perth may suit his style of bowling.
- Fawad Ahmed (Price 8.5):- Fawad is a genuine wicket-taking threat in the middle-overs and is an experienced T20 bowler.
SportsRush Featured Dream XI Team for the Game
D’arcy Short © – Short scores big-runs with the bat and take wickets with the ball. The most safest option.
Mitchell Marsh (VC) – Marsh bowls his quota of 4 overs and is a brilliant middle order batsman too. Marsh is looking in good touch this season.
Dream 11 Disclaimer
All our selections are based on in-depth and astute analysis of the players partaking in the match and a perusal of other reasoning. Please incorporate a slew of factors while crafting your own side with this article serving as a guide to the match and players.