SIX vs STR Dream 11 Prediction: Sydney Sixers vs Adelaide Strikers Best Dream Team for Big Bash League Match on 5th January 2020.
Sydney Sixers will take on Adelaide Strikers in the 23rd Match of BBL 09 which will be played at International Sports Stadium in Coffs Harbour. Both teams are in very good form and would like to continue their winning momentum.
Pitch Report – In Coffs Harbour, track is generally on the slower side and it is difficult to chase down the totals. Team winning the toss would like to bat first on this track.
Match Details :
Time:- 1.10 PM, Live on Sony Ten 3/HD
Probable XI for both sides:-
Sydney Sixers – Josh Phillipe, Daniel Hughes, James Vince, Justin Avendano, Jordan Silk, Jack Edwards, Tom Curran, Ben Dwarshius, Jackson Bird, Josh Hazzlewood, Lloyd Pope.
Adelaide Strikers – Jake Weatherald, Philip Salt, Matthew Short, Alex Carey, Jonathan Wells, Cameron White, Michael Neser, Rashid Khan, Billy Stanlake, Peter Siddle, Harry Conway.
Top 4 Batting order for both teams:-
Sydney Sixers:- Josh Phillipe, Daniel Hughes, James Vince, and Justin Avendano.
Adelaide Strikers:- Jake Weatherald, Philip Salt, Matthew Short, and Alex Carey.
Clean Hitters in the Squad:-
Sydney Sixers:- Josh Phillipe and Daniel Hughes
Adelaide Strikers:- Jake Weatherald, Philip Salt, and Alex Carey.
Death Bowling Specialists (Tends to get more wickets):-
Sydney Sixers:- Tom Curran and Ben Dwarshius
Adelaide Strikers:- Peter Siddle and Billy Stanlake.
Dream XI Wicket-Keepers
Josh Phillipe (Price 8.5) and Alex Carey (Price 8) both should be considered in the team Alex Carey is the. 4th highest run-scorer of the tournament whereas Josh Phillipe is a clean hitter of the cricket ball and can be a huge asset.
Dream XI Batsmen
- Philip Salt (Price 8.5):- The English opener played a brilliant knock of 54 against the Renegades during the tournament. Salt is highly rated in England due to his aggressive batting and can be match-winner on his day.
- Jake Weatherald (Price 9.5):- Jake Weatherald is 5th highest runs scorer of this season’s big bash and has been a steady opener for Strikers. Batting with an average of 38, Weatherald likes to hit the ball from the go and is very good in the field too.
- James Vince (Price 9):- James Vince played a match-winning knock last time around and would like to replicate it again..
- Daniel Hughes (Price 9):- Hughes is coming in form slowly and is showing his intent in every game. Hughes is one of the cleanest hitters in the tournament and on his day, he can be a match-winner.
[Jon Wells is also in very good form but he bats at number 5 and this slower pitch will make the work difficult for him]
Dream XI All-Rounders
Tom Curran (Price 9.5) is the best player for Sixers this season. Curran can bowl at the death and take crucial wickets whereas he has been a very good asset with his hard-hitting too so Curran will be a great package and a must player in any Squad.
Michael Neser (Price 8.5) will play his first game of the season and should be picked, as he is a genuine wicket-taker plus, can be a good force with the bat too.
[Moises Henriques will miss that game due to personal reasons]
Dream XI Bowlers
- Peter Siddle (Price 8.5):- Siddle is an experienced player and also in very good form. Death bowling of Siddle has been very good this season where he is nailing the yorkers and getting wickets.
- Josh Hazlewood (Price 9):- Hazlewood will play his first BBL game after 6 years and would surely like to make it worth. One of the most consistent bowler in the circuit and will be a really good pick
- Rashid Khan (Price 9.5):- No team is complete without Rashid Khan. Rashid is taking wickets as well as scoring crucial runs for the team with a brilliant strike rate.
[NOTE:- Billy Stanlake has been in very poor form this season whereas Jackson Bird is not considered because of the addition of Josh Hazlewood in the mix]
SportsRush Featured Dream XI Team for the Game(Note: C- D Hughes, VC- Rashid khan; image shows wrong captain)
D Hughes © – Daniel Hughes is continuously improving and can be a good pick as captain for this game.
Rashid Khan (VC) – Rashid is doing everything right at the moment and will be a decent pick for vice-captain.
Dream 11 Disclaimer
All our selections are based on in-depth and astute analysis of the players partaking in the match and a perusal of other reasoning. Please incorporate a slew of factors while crafting your own side with this article serving as a guide to the match and players.