STA vs REN Dream 11 Prediction: Melbourne Stars vs Melbourne Renegades – 4 January 2020 (Melbourne)
Note: We have made changes to our team after lineups were announced
OUT: H Gurney
IN: Sandeep Lamichanne
Melbourne Stars will take on Melbourne Renegades in the 22nd Match of BBL 09 which will be played at Melbourne Cricket Ground in Melbourne. Renegades haven’t won a single game this season and would like to get their first win in this Melbourne derby.
Pitch Report – MCG has always been a good chasing ground. High scoring fests are not seen much on MSG due to longer boundaries. Average score at MSG is 156 runs.
Match Details :
Time:- 1.40 AM, Live on Sony Ten 3/HD
Probable XI for both sides:-
Melbourne Stars – Marcus Stoinis, Nick Maddinson, Nick Larkin, Peter Handscomb, Glenn Maxwell, Ben Dunk, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Adam Zampa, Daniel Worall, Dale Steyn, Sandeep Lamichhane.
Melbourne Renegades –. Aaron Finch, Sam Harper, Shaun Marsh, Beau Webster, Tom Cooper, Daniel Christian, Jack Wildermuth, Kane Richardson, Cameron Boyce, Tom Andrews, Harry Gurney
Top 4 Batting order for both teams:-
Melbourne Stars:- Marcus Stoinis, Nick Maddinson, Nick Larkin, and Peter Handscomb
Melbourne Renegades:- Aaron Finch, Sam Harper, Shaun Marsh, and Beau Webster
Clean Hitters in the Squad:-
Melbourne Stars:- Marcus Stoinis, Nick Larkin, and Glenn Maxwell
Melbourne Renegades:- Aaron Finch, Sam Harper, and Beau Webster
Death Bowling Specialists (Tends to get more wickets):-
Melbourne Stars:- Nathan Coulter-Nile and Dale Steyn
Melbourne Renegades:- Kane Richardson and Harry Gurney
Dream XI Wicket-Keepers
Sam Harper (Price 8) should be considered in the team as he is a clean hitter of the cricket ball and is an opener. On his day, he can dismantle any bowling line-up.
[Peter Handscomb can be avoided as his batting order is not fixed, if he bats at 5 then he won’t face much balls]
Dream XI Batsmen
- Aaron Finch (Price 10.5) – Aaron Finch is in the list of top run-getters of the tournament with an average of 33. Runaway match-winner on his day.
- Shaun Marsh (Price 9.5):- Shaun is one of the most technically gifted players who doesn’t throw his wicket away and is also in the list of Top 5 run-getters of the tournament.
- Nick Larkin (Price 8):- Larkin proved his ability in the last game and showed why he is such a brilliant T20 batsman and he will be a very good edition as he bats at number 3.
** Beau Webster is in decent form too but his batting order is not certain whereas Nic Maddinson is also in pathetic form.
Dream XI All-Rounders
Glenn Maxwell (Price 10) and Marcus Stoinis (Price 10.5) are also easy picks as both of them are stand-away match winners and have shown their grit with the bat. Maxi has been handy in bowling too and is picking some crucial wickets.
Tom Andrews (Price 8) is a brilliant left-arm spinner and the longer boundaries of MCG will certainly help his cause of getting wickets.
Dream XI Bowlers
- Nathan Coulter-Nile (Price 8.5):- Nathan is a brilliant customer with the ball and can hit big sixes at death, so he is like an utility all-rounder in bowler’s category
- Cameron Boyce (Price 8.5):- Cameron Boyce has got his mojo back and has started to take wickets, longer boundaries of MCG will surely help him.
- Adam Zampa (Price 9):- Adam Zampa has a brilliant record at MCG and the longer boundaries will certainly help the Leg-Spinner in getting wickets at the G.
- Harry Gurney (Price 8.5) can be a handy bowler on the wicket as his slower balls can certainly help him with the longer boundaries.
[NOTE:- Dale Steyn and Kane Richardson are also in great form lately but, all the all-rounders are un-droppable and with the remaining budget, these were the best picks possible]
SportsRush Featured Dream XI Team for the Game
Aaron Finch © – Finch knows about MCG’s wicket more than anyone else so, he will be the clear pick.
Marcus Stoinis (VC) – Stoinis has been an outstanding customer with bat, this season.
Dream 11 Disclaimer
All our selections are based on in-depth and astute analysis of the players partaking in the match and a perusal of other reasoning. Please incorporate a slew of factors while crafting your own side with this article serving as a guide to the match and players.