STA vs SIX Dream11 Prediction: Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Sixers – 12 January 2020 (Melbourne)
Melbourne Stars will take on Sydney Sixers in the 34th Match of BBL 09 which will be played at Melbourne Cricket Ground in Melbourne. These two are the top-2 teams of this season’s BBL and we can expect it to be a mouth-watering encounter. Glenn Maxwell has shown that he is back to his very best and it’s almost impossible to stop him now whereas Sixers are on 5 games winning run and would like to continue it. Return of Moises Henriques will certainly boost their Morale.
Pitch Report – MCG has always been a good chasing ground. High scoring fests are not seen much on MSG due to longer boundaries. Average score at MSG is 156 runs.
Match Details :
Time:- 1.40 AM, Live on Sony Six/HD
Probable XI for both sides:-
Melbourne Stars – Marcus Stoinis, Hilton Cartwirght, Ben Dunk, Nick Larkin, Glenn Maxwell, Jonathan Merlo, Clint Hinchcliffe, Daniel Worall, Haris Rauf, Sandeep Lamichhane.
Sydney Sixers – Justin Avendano, Josh Phillipe, Daniel Hughes, James Vince, Moises Henriques, Jordan Silk, Tom Curran, Ben Dwarshius, Jackson Bird, Steve o Keefe, Lloyd Pope.
Top 4 Batting order for both teams:-
Melbourne Stars:- Marcus Stoinis, Hilton Cartwright, Ben Dunk, and Nick Larkin.
Sydney Sixers:- Justin Avendano, Josh Phillipe, Daniel Hughes, and James Vince.
Clean Hitters in the Squad:-
Melbourne Stars:- Marcus Stoinis, Nick Larkin, and Glenn Maxwell
Sydney Sixers:- :- Josh Phillipe and Daniel Hughes
Death Bowling Specialists (Tends to get more wickets):-
Melbourne Stars:- Haris Rauf.
Sydney Sixers:- Tom Curran.
STA vs SIX Dream11 Wicket-Keepers
Josh Phillipe (Price 8.5) is the only major keeping option left after departure of Peter Handscomb so, he should be the clear pick.
STA vs SIX Dream11 Batsmen
- Daniel Hughes (Price 9):- Hughes is coming in form slowly and is showing his intent in every game. Hughes is one of the cleanest hitters in the tournament and on his day, he can be a match-winner.
- Justin Avendano (Price 8):- Justin is a free-flowing batsman and a brilliant stroke-player.
- Ben Dunk (Price 8.5):- Dunk is now getting the chance to play in top-order. He was in brilliant form in Mzansi Super League and would like to bring that touch again.
- Hilton Cartwright (Price 8):- Hilton is a technically sound player and is getting the chance to open the innings. So, he would like to get some good performances and cement his place as an opener
- Nick Larkin (Price 8.5):- Nick is also a very good T20 batsman and with him playing in the top 4, he can be a very good player on his day.
** Pick any one of Ben Dunk or Nick Larkin.
STA vs SIX Dream11 All-Rounders
Glenn Maxwell (Price 10) and Marcus Stoinis (Price 10.5) are the sure sort options as Marcus Stoinis is the highest run-scorer of the league whereas Maxwell is back to his very best with the Bat and as well as with the ball.
Tom Curran (Price 9.5) was adjudged Man of the Match in the last game and he deserves to be in the team. A genuine wicket-taker on his day and also get promoted in batting more often than not.
STA vs SIX Dream11 Bowlers
- Haris Rauf (Price 8.5) is a bowler on-fire this season. He has picked 14 wickets in just 5 games and he is a gun death bowler too.
- Ben Dwarshius (8.5):- Ben has been a brilliant wicket-taker for Sydney Sixers and being a left-arm pace bowler, he will automatically be more handy.
- Sandeep Lamichhane (Price 8.5) likes MCG a lot. The longer boundaries allow him to flight the ball and that makes him a genuine wicket-taker.
[NOTE:- Coulter-Nile won’t play this game whereas we have preferred Dwarshius over Bird due to lack of left-handers in Stars line-up]
SportsRush Featured Dream XI Team for the Game
Glenn Maxwell © – Maxi is in form of his life now. He is very good with bat and also a quite handy bowler.
Tom Curran (VC) – Curran has been very good for sixers with the ball. He has also been very good in batting in the death overs.
Dream 11 Disclaimer
All our selections are based on in-depth and astute analysis of the players partaking in the match and a perusal of other reasoning. Please incorporate a slew of factors while crafting your own side with this article serving as a guide to the match and players.