The Indian team is set for a long overseas tour beginning with a short tour of Ireland before heading off to England. The tour starts with the high-octane T20 action wherein they are scheduled to play two matches against Ireland before playing 3 more against the 2016 T20 World Cup finalists England.
Virat Kohli and Co. will look to exploit their antics in the Indian Premier League on the European soil to extend their good run in T20Is. The Indian squad is yet to taste defeat in a T20I series for quite some time after securing victories against New Zealand, Australia and the Nidhas Trophy against Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
As we gear up for T20 action once again, here are some milestones that the players can achieve on this tour.
1) MS Dhoni (46) and Virat Kohli (41) are just a glimpse away from hitting 50 T20I sixes. Only Yuvraj Singh (74), Suresh Raina (54) and Rohit Sharma (78) have managed to accomplish the milestone for the men in blue.
2) Jasprit Bumarh (145) and Yuzvendra Chahal (143) only need five and seven wickets respectively to reach 150 wickets in the shortest format of the game. Siddharth Kaul (91) needs more 9 wickets to reach 100 wickets in the T20 format.
3) Suresh Raina needs only five more sixes to be the second Indian to hit 300 sixes in T20’s after Rohit Sharma. Raina will have the opportunity to go into the 300 six club alongside seven more players worldwide.
4) Virat Kohli (1983) is just 17 runs away to be the first Indian to cross the 2000 run mark in men’s T20I. Kohli can become the second overall Indian to reach the mark after Mithali Raj.
5) Shikhar Dhawan (5982) is on the cusp to score 6000 runs in T20 cricket, with 18 runs, Gabbar will be on the list alongside 5 more Indians.
6) KL Rahul needs 74 runs to reach the 8000 run mark over the course of his professional career. Apart from that, Manish Pandey can reach the 14000 run mark with 137 runs more needed.
7) Rohit Sharma is 75 runs away from reaching 10000 runs in his International career across all formats. He will be the 13th Indian player to reach this milestone.
With the numbers cracked and the milestones set, we gear for yet another scintillating Indian overseas tour. Which of the milestones do you think will be achieved on this tour? Let us know in the comments section.