STR vs REN Dream11 Prediction: Adelaide Strikers vs Melbourne Renegades – 12 January 2020 (Adelaide)
Adelaide Strikers will take on Melbourne Renegades in the 33rd Match of BBL 09 which will be played at Adelaide Oval in Adelaide. Strikers would like to get back on winning track after a string of losses and they will welcome their captain Travis Head whereas Renegades haven’t won a single game till now and are almost out of the tournament. Renegades will also welcome Mohammad Nabi into their side.
Pitch Report – In Adelaide, the pitch is very ideal for batting. The average score on the track is 166. The square boundaries are very small in dimension which makes run-scoring easy on the track. However, the chasing record is very average on this ground so, the team winning the toss would like to bat first. The pitch behaved weirdly in the last game and is expected to be kind for batting in this game.
Match Details :
Time:- 10.10 AM, Live on Sony Six/HD
Probable XI for both sides:-
Adelaide Strikers – Jake Weatherald, Philip Salt, Travis Head, Jonathan Wells, Matthew Short, Harry Nielson, Michael Neser, Rashid Khan, Billy Stanlake, Peter Siddle, Harry Conway.
Melbourne Renegades – Marcus Harris, Sam Harper, Shaun Marsh, Beau Webster, Tom Cooper, Mohammad Nabi, Daniel Christian, Jack Wildermuth, Samit Patel, Cameron Boyce, Joe Mennie.
Top 4 Batting order for both teams:-
Adelaide Strikers:- Jake Weatherald, Philip Salt, Travis Head, and Jonathan Wells
Melbourne Renegades:- Marcus Harris, Sam Harper, Shaun Marsh, and Beau Webster.
Clean Hitters in the Squad:-
Adelaide Strikers:- Jake Weatherald, Philip Salt, and Travis Head.
Melbourne Renegades:- Shaun Marsh, Marcus Harris, and Sam Harper.
Death Bowling Specialists (Tends to get more wickets):-
Adelaide Strikers:- Peter Siddle and Billy Stanlake.
Melbourne Renegades:- Daniel Christian.
STR vs REN Dream11 Wicket-Keeper:-
Sam Harper (Price 8) is the only keeping option left after departure of Alex Carey.
STR vs REN Dream11 Batsmen
- Philip Salt (Price 8.5):- Salt hasn’t been in great form in Big-Bash but, the high-flying Englishmen is a match-winner on his day and would certainly be a decent pick.
- Jake Weatherald (Price 9.5):- Jake Weatherald is the 5th highest runs scorer of this season’s big bash and has been in very good form throughout the tournament. He is one of the most consistent batsmen of BBL.
- Jonathan Wells (Price 9):- Wells is the most underrated batsman of the league. He is very consistent with his performances and now playing at number 4, he is a great asset for the squad.
- Marcus Harris (Price 8.5) – Marcus was brilliant as an opener in the last game and he is a technically sound player and would like to replicate his last performance.
- Shaun Marsh (Price 9.5):- Shaun will be the leader of batting in absence of Finch. Shaun was brilliant in the last game too and would like to replicate his heroics
- Beau Webster (Price 8.5):- He is another brilliant and yet underrated batsman of this season’s BBL.
STR vs REN Dream11 All-Rounders
Travis Head (Price 9.5) will be a sure sort pick who will be playing his first match of this season’s BBL. Travis has been a great performer for strikers and especially at Adelaide Oval, his record is immense.
Mohammad Nabi (Price 9) will also play his first game of this season’s BBL. Nabi is a regular 4 overs bowler plus he is a very decent hitter of the ball in middle overs.
STR vs REN Dream11 Bowlers
- Peter Siddle (Price 9):- Siddle has shown his experience with the white ball. He is generally quite economical and also a wicket-taker at death.
- Rashid Khan (Price 9.5):- No team is complete without Rashid Khan. Adelaide is Rashid’s second home and he took a hattrick in the last game on this very ground. Plus he can chip in some runs too.
- Cameron Boyce (8.5):- Boyce is the only bowler left to be picked for Renegades. He is although a very good bowler and take wickets in middle overs.
SportsRush Featured Dream XI Team for the Game
Toss Tip : If Adelaide bats first, use the same line-up whereas if Renegades bats first, replace Salt with Webster.
Shaun Marsh © – Shaun Marsh proved his form in the last game and he would like to take charge of Renegades batting on this batting friendly batting pitch.
Travis Head (VC) – Head is back after a successful Aussie stint. His record for Adelaide is very good and he can also chip-in with some overs so, he will be a very good pick.
Dream 11 Disclaimer
All our selections are based on in-depth and astute analysis of the players partaking in the match and a perusal of other reasoning. Please incorporate a slew of factors while crafting your own side with this article serving as a guide to the match and players.