STR vs STA Dream11 Prediction: Adelaide Strikers vs Melbourne Stars – 22 January 2020 (Adelaide)
Adelaide Strikers will take on Melbourne Stars in the 48th Match of BBL 09 which will be played at Adelaide Oval in Adelaide. Stars have already confirmed their spot in the top-2 teams whereas Strikers would also want to win this game and gain that 2nd spot in top-2. Both the teams will be bolstered by the return of their international stars so this will be a top contest.
Pitch Report – In Adelaide, the pitch is very ideal for batting. The average score on the track is 166. The square boundaries are very small in dimension which makes run-scoring easy on the track. However, the chasing record is very average on this ground so, the team winning the toss would like to bat first.
Match Details :
Time:- 1.40 AM, Live on Sony Six/HD
Probable XI for both sides:-
Adelaide Strikers – Jake Weatherald, Philip Salt, Travis Head, Alex Carey, Jonathan Wells, Matthew Short, Michael Neser, Rashid Khan, Harry Conway, Peter Siddle, Liam o’ Connor.
Melbourne Stars – Marcus Stoinis, Hilton Cartwright, Nic Maddinson, Peter Handscomb, Glenn Maxwell, Nick Larkin, Clint Hinchcliffe, Daniel Worall, Lance Morris, Adam Zampa, Sandeep Lamichhane.
Top 4 Batting order for both teams:-
Adelaide Strikers:- Jake Weatherald, Philip Salt, Travis Head, and Alex Carey.
Melbourne Stars:- Marcus Stoinis, Hilton Cartwright, Nic Maddinson, and Peter Handscomb.
Clean Hitters in the Squad:-
Adelaide Strikers:- Jake Weatherald, Philip Salt, Travis Head and Alex Carey.
Melbourne Stars:- Marcus Stoinis and Glenn Maxwell.
Death Bowling Specialists (Tends to get more wickets):-
Adelaide Strikers:- Peter Siddle and Wes Agar.
Melbourne Stars:- Lance Morris and Daniel Worrall.
STR vs STA Dream11 Wicket-Keepers
Alex Carey (Price 10) is back after his international duties and he will be drafted in to team straightaway, as he was in brilliant nick before he left.
STR vs STA Dream11 Batsmem
- Hilton Cartwright (Price 8.5) – Hilton has been in superb form since he has started opening for Stars. He will be an asset in this game too.
- Nic Maddinson (Price 8):- Maddinson is back after his injury and is playing at number 3 but he bowled in the game against Scorchers and took 3 wickets too so he will be a really good option.
- Phil Salt (Price 8.5):- Phil Salt hasn’t been in great form but he has played some really good innings in between and on his day he can take the game away on his own.
[Both Jake Weatherald and Jon Wells are left out just because all the all-rounders are very expensive and they can’t be dropped and Alex Carey is also in the squad with Price 10)
STR vs STA Dream11 All-Rounders
Travis Head (Price 9.5) was brilliant in the last game with the bat and at this track, he will bowl some overs too so he is a must pick.
Glenn Maxwell (Price 10.5) and Marcus Stoinis (Price 11) are un-droppable options in the team as they both have been terrific this season. Stoinis is also the highest run-scorer of the league.
STR vs STA Dream11 Bowlers
- Sandeep Lamichhane (Price 8.5):- Sandeep has done decent performance for Stars this season and is currently their best bowler so will be a good pick.
- Daniel Worrall (Price 8):- Worrall is a decent enough bowler who bowls sometimes at death too and at the price of 8 he will be a good choice.
- Rashid Khan (Price 9.5):- Rashid has been in top-notch form this season with 16 wickets and is the 4th highest wicket-taker this season. He has also played some significant knocks with the bat.
- Liam o’ Connor (8):- Liam is a very good leg-spinner and a genuine wicket-taker.
[NOTE:- Some big bowlers missed out just because of the budget concerns.
Match Prediction: Adelaide Strikers are favourites to win this game as they are in very good form plus the arrival of Alex Carey will be beneficial.
SportsRush Featured Dream XI Team for the Game
Marcus Stoinis © – Stoinis has been playing well in each game and he is the highest run-scorer of the league.
Travis Head (VC) – Travis is a wonderful batsman and has a very good record at Adelaide Oval and is a good bowler too.
Dream 11 Disclaimer
All our selections are based on in-depth and astute analysis of the players partaking in the match and a perusal of other reasoning. Please incorporate a slew of factors while crafting your own side with this article serving as a guide to the match and players.