THU vs STA Dream11 Prediction: Sydney Thunder vs Melbourne Stars – 2 January 2020 (Sydney)
Sydney Thunder will take on Melbourne Stars in the 19th Match of BBL 09 which will be played at Sydney Showdown Stadium in Sydney. Sydney are currently the table-toppers with 7 points whereas Stars are currently sitting at 3rd position with 6 points.
Pitch Report – Sydney Showdown Stadium’s track has a history of slowing down as the game progresses. The team that will bat first will hold an advantage.
Match Details :
Time:- 10.10 AM, Live on Sony Six/HD
Probable XI for both sides:-
Sydney Thunder – Usman Khawaja, Alex Hales, Callum Ferguson, Matt Gilkes, Alex Ross, Daniel Sams, Chris Morris, Chris Green, Arjun Nair, Chris Tremain, Jonathan Cook.
Melbourne Stars – Marcus Stoinis, Nick Maddinson, Hilton Cartwright, Peter Handscomb, Glenn Maxwell, Ben Dunk, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Adam Zampa, Daniel Worall, Dale Steyn, Haris Rauf.
Top 4 Batting order for both teams:-
Sydney Thunder:- Usman Khawaja, Alex Hales, Callum Ferguson, and Alex Ross
Melbourne Stars:- Marcus Stoinis, Nick Maddinson, Hilton Cartwright, Peter Handscomb.
Clean Hitters in the Squad:-
Sydney Thunder:- Usman Khawaja, Alex Hales, and Callum Ferguson
Melbourne Stars:- Marcus Stoinis and Glenn Maxwell
Death Bowling Specialists (Tends to get more wickets):-
Sydney Thunder:- Chris Morris and Daniel Sams
Melbourne Stars:- Nathan Coulter-Nile and Dale Steyn
HU vs STA Dream11 Wicket-Keepers
Peter Handscomb (Price 9) is the best possible option as he is technically sound as well as in very good form with an average of 28.
(Matt Gilkes hasn’t been in good form and is batting lower down the order.
HU vs STA Dream11 Batsmen
- Usman Khawaja (Price 10) – Usman Khawaja is the master of hitting boundaries during the powerplays. Usman already scored 167 runs in 5 innings and on his day, Usman can be unstoppable.
- Alex Hales (Price 9.5):- Alex Hales is a match-winner on his own. After a poor CPL and MSL campaign, Alex Hales is looking in good touch in this season’s BBL. Scoring with an average almost 30 with a 148 strike rate, Hales can be a game-changer.
- Callum Ferguson (Price 9.5):- Captain Callum is in outstanding form too and he is currently the highest run-scorer of this season’s BBL with 229 runs in 5 games at an outstanding average of 76.33.
- Hilton Cartwright (Price 8):- Hilton hasn’t been in great form this season but, at the price of 8, he will be a good edition as he bats at number 3.
** DUE TO BUDGET CONCERNS, ONLY ONE OF ALEX HALES or CALLUM FERGUSON CAN BE INCLUDED
Master Tip: Callum Ferguson can be a good pick over Alex Hales due to his current form. The pitch will also behave a little slow where Alex Hales may find it difficult to play his shots.
HU vs STA Dream11 All-Rounders
Chris Morris (Price 9) and Daniel Sams (Price 9) are the clear choices as both of them bowls the powerplay overs and also at death so, they take the majority of the wickets for Thunders. Daniel Sams also get promoted sometimes in batting whereas Chris Morris is also a clean hitter of the ball.
Glenn Maxwell (Price 10) and Marcus Stoinis (Price 10.5) are also easy picks as both of them are stand-away match winners and have shown their grit with the bat. Maxi has been handy in bowling some overs too.
HU vs STA Dream11 Bowlers
- Nathan Coulter-Nile (Price 8.5):- Nathan is a brilliant customer with ball and can hit big sixes at death, so he is like an all-rounder in bowler category
- Haris Rauf (Price 8.5):- Haris Rauf will play this game who has already taken 7 wickets in 2 games with an economy of 5.66 which includes one 5 wicket hall. He is the hot property of big bash.
- Arjun Nair (Price 8):- The most underrated bowler and a proven wicket-taker in middle overs.
[NOTE:- Dale Steyn and Adam Zampa are also in great form lately but, all the all-rounders are un-droppable and with the remaining budget, these were the best picks possible]
SportsRush Featured Dream XI Team for the Game
Marcus Stoinis © – Marcus has been on good batting form and can take the match away on his own if he gets going.
Callum Ferguson (VC) – Callum is the highest run scorer of this season and is a stable pick.
Dream 11 Disclaimer
All our selections are based on in-depth and astute analysis of the players partaking in the match and a perusal of other reasoning. Please incorporate a slew of factors while crafting your own side with this article serving as a guide to the match and players.