Transfer rumours of the Day, 15th July 2016
|Published July 15, 2016
The season is fast approaching and clubs are going all out to secure signatures from their top targets. Here are the Transfer rumours of the day!
Juventus agree deal with Higuain
Italian champions, Juventus, have agreed personal terms with Gonzalo Higuain. The Argentine striker is reported to have agreed a 4 year deal worth 7 million euros annually. Juventus need a striker to replace Morata, who moved back to his parent club Real Madrid.
Higuain was earlier rumoured to be close to a move to Arsenal. But the Italian champions have stolen a march over the English club by completing negotiations with the player. Juventus are now the frontrunner to sign Higuain, but their might yet be a roadblock.
Napoli have set a release clause of 94 million euros for their star player. Juventus are said to be reluctant to match that offer, but are prepared to offer players in order to bring the price down. The most likely candidate to be swapped is midfielder Roberto Pereyra but promising centre-back Daniele Rugani could also be on the table.
This news presents a further body blow in Arsenal’s quest to sign a marquee striker.
Manchester United enquire about Renato Sanches
In somewhat surprising news, English club Manchester United, have enquired about Renato Sanches’ release clause. The 18 year old Portuguese moved to German football giants, Bayern Munchen, from Benfica, earlier this summer.
It is likely that United have put in their enquiry with a mind towards their future. They reportedly want to know the price at which they could potentially sign Sanches in the coming years.
Sanches had a breakthrough season with Benfica and became their youngest goalscorer at home, scoring against Academica in December last year. United manager, Jose Mourinho, is said to be great admirer of the midfielder and is said to be unhappy that United let Sanches slip from their grasp, allowing Munchen to sign the player.
Burnley increase Hendricks bid
English Premier League club, Burnley, have stepped up their efforts to sign Derby County midfielder, Jeff Hendricks. They are said to have made an improved 6 million pound bid for the Irish central midfielder.
Burnley manager, Sean Dyche, wants to sign Hendrick as a replacement for Joey Barton, who left for Rangers earlier this summer. Burnley had earlier had a 3.5 million pound bid rejected.
Hendrick started in all four of Ireland’s matches at Euro 2016. He hit the crossbar against Sweden and was unlucky not to score against Italy. He earned much praise for his performances as he played a vital role in securing qualification to the knockout stages of the championship.
Share this article