WEL vs AUK Dream11 Prediction: Wellington Firebirds vs Auckland Aces – 12 January 2020 (Wellington)
Wellington Firebirds will take on Auckland Aces in the 29th Match of Super Smash which will be played at Basin Reserve in Wellington. It’s a DO or DIE game for both the teams so we are in for some great contest.
Pitch Report – Basin Reserve has produced some competitive wickets in the tournament. Although the smaller boundaries are good for batsmen but there is something in the wicket for seam bowlers too.
Match Details :
Date: 12 January Time:- 8.40 AM
Probable XI for both sides:-
Wellington Firebirds – Devon Conway, Michael Pollard, Rachin Ravindra, Tom Blundell, Michael Bracewell, Fraser Colson, Jamie Gibson, Peter Younghusband, Logan van Beek, Ollie Newton, Hamish Bennett.
Auckland Aces – Martin Guptill, Colin Munro, Glenn Philips, Mark Chapman, Craig Cachopa, Corey Anderson, Ben Horne, Ronnie Hira, Kyle Jamieson, William Somerville, Mitchell McCleneghan.
Top 4 Batting order for both teams:-
Wellington Firebirds:- Devon Conway, Michael Pollard, Rachin Ravindra, and Michael Bracewell.
Auckland Aces:- Martin Guptill, Colin Munro, Glenn Philips, and Mark Chapman.
Clean Hitters in the Squad:-
Wellington Firebirds:- Michael Pollard and Devon Conway
Auckland Aces:- Martin Guptill, Colin Munro, and Glenn Philips.
Death Bowling Specialists (Tends to get more wickets):-
Wellington Firebirds:- Ollie Newton and Hamish Bennett.
Auckland Aces:- Mitchell McCleneghan
WEL vs AUK Dream11 Wicket-Keepers
Devon Conway (Price 9.5) and Glenn Phillips (Price 9.5) both should be in the team as both of them are class T20 players and match-winners on their own. Conway has ruled the whole tournament.
WEL vs AUK Dream11 Batsmen
- Martin Guptill (Price 10.5):- Guptill has been in fine form in this tournament. In the must-win game, his team will rely on him for a good start.
- Colin Munro (Price 10):- Colin Munro has complemented Guptill very well in the later stages of the tournament. It looks like a big inning for Munro is on the cards and this might be his game.
- Michael Pollard (Price 9):- Pollard is a very clean hitter of the cricket ball. His stroke playing is very good and he can certainly take advantage of powerplay overs along with Conway.
- Dean Brownlie (Price 9):- Dean is quite an experienced player at number 3. Although, he is not in very good form but can be a good pick on the track.
[Craig Cachopa bats way lower down the orders and that’s why he isn’t preferred]
WEL vs AUK Dream11 All-Rounders
- Rachin Ravindra (Price 8.5):- Rachin has been batting at number 3 and also bowling a significant amount of overs too. He should be an ideal pick in the team.
- Mark Chapman (Price 9):- Chapman is a clean hitter of the ball and he bats at number 4. He is also bowling a decent amount of overs and can be a good pick.
- Kyle Jamieson (Price 8.5):- Jamieson is a brilliant wicket-taking bowler. In the last match, he took 3 wickets and can certainly bring a lot of points on the table.
[James Neesham is injured and won’t play this game that’s why he wasn’t considered]
WEL vs AUK Dream11 Bowlers
- Hamish Bennett (Price 9):- Hamish has proved that he is a genuine wicket-taker in powerplays as well as in death bowlers. His speed and accuracy is next to none.
- Ronnie Hira (Price 8.5):- Hira is a brilliant Left-arm spinner. He doesn’t look like a deadly bowler but has a neck of taking wickets and he does that very well.
- Peter Younghusband (Price 8):- A very decent right-arm leg-break bowler who can take wickets due to his variations. His flighted balls force batsmen to play big shots.
[It was very difficult to keep Newton out but recent form of Bennett and budget concerns became the obstacles in picking him]
SportsRush Featured Dream XI Team for the Game
Martin Guptill © – Guptill has been in very good form and in a DO or DIE game, he will be eager to play a big knock.
Devon Conway (VC) – Conway is the highest run-scorer of this tournament and would be a very stable pick as he is in a very good form.
Dream 11 Disclaimer
All our selections are based on in-depth and astute analysis of the players partaking in the match and a perusal of other reasoning. Please incorporate a slew of factors while crafting your own side with this article serving as a guide to the match and players.