WEL vs AUK Dream11 Prediction: Wellington Firebirds vs Auckland Aces – 19 January 2020 (Wellington)
Wellington Firebirds will take on Auckland Aces in the Final Match of Super Smash which will be played at Basin Reserve in Wellington. It’s the competition’s finale and both the teams would like to get their hands on the coveted trophy. Wellington finished top of the table and reached the finals directly whereas Aces won the elimination final to reach here. So both the teams are in very good shape and we are in for a super clash.
Pitch Report – Basin Reserve has produced some competitive wickets in the tournament. Although the smaller boundaries are good for batsmen but there is something in the wicket for seam bowlers too.
Match Details :
Date: 19 January Time:- 8.40 AM
Probable XI for both sides:-
Wellington Firebirds – Devon Conway, Michael Pollard, Rachin Ravindra, Tom Blundell, Jimmy Neesham, Michael Bracewell, Fraser Colson, Peter Younghusband, Logan van Beek, Ollie Newton, Hamish Bennett.
Auckland Aces – Martin Guptill, Colin Munro, Glenn Philips, Mark Chapman, Craig Cachopa, Robert ODonnell, Ben Horne, Ronnie Hira, Kyle Jamieson, William Somerville, Mitchell McCleneghan.
Top 4 Batting order for both teams:-
Wellington Firebirds:- Devon Conway, Michael Pollard, Rachin Ravindra, and Tom Blundell.
Auckland Aces:- Martin Guptill, Colin Munro, Glenn Philips, and Mark Chapman.
Clean Hitters in the Squad:-
Wellington Firebirds:- Michael Pollard, Devon Conway, and Jimmy Neesham.
Auckland Aces:- Martin Guptill, Colin Munro, and Glenn Philips.
Death Bowling Specialists (Tends to get more wickets):-
Wellington Firebirds:- Ollie Newton and Hamish Bennett.
Auckland Aces:- Mitchell McCleneghan
WEL vs AUK Dream11 Wicket-Keepers
Devon Conway (Price 9.5) and Glenn Phillips (Price 9) both should be in the team as both of them are class T20 players and match-winners on their own. Conway has ruled the whole tournament.
WEL vs AUK Dream11 Batsmen
- Martin Guptill (Price 10.5):- Guptill has been in fine form in this tournament. In the must-win game, his team will rely on him for a good start. He is the 5th highest-scorer of the tournament.
- Colin Munro (Price 10):- Colin Munro has complemented Guptill very well in the later stages of the tournament. Munro would like to play it big in the finals.
- Michael Pollard (Price 8.5):- Pollard is a very clean hitter of the cricket ball. His stroke playing is very good and he can certainly take advantage of powerplay overs along with Conway. He is the 8th highest scorer of the tournament.
[Craig Cachopa bats way lower down the orders and that’s why he isn’t preferred]
WEL vs AUK Dream11 All-Rounders
- Rachin Ravindra (Price 8.5):- Rachin has been batting at number 3 and also bowling a significant amount of overs too. He should be an ideal pick in the team.
- Jimmy Neesham (Price 10):- Neesham is back after his injury and he is absolutely sure pick in the side.
- Kyle Jamieson (Price 8.5):- Jamieson is a brilliant wicket-taking bowler. In the last 3 games, he took 7 wickets.
WEL vs AUK Dream11 Bowlers
- Hamish Bennett (Price 9):- Hamish has proved that he is a genuine wicket-taker in powerplays as well as in death bowlers. He is also drafted into the national T20 side.
- Ronnie Hira (Price 9):- Hira is a brilliant Left-arm spinner. He doesn’t look like a deadly bowler but has a neck of taking wickets and he does that very well.
- William Somerville (Price 8):- Somerville’s return has been very good for the side and he took 3 wickets in the last game too. His experience will be vital in finals.
[It was very difficult to keep Newton out but recent form of Bennett and budget concerns became the obstacles in picking him]
Match Prediction:- Auckland Aces are full of T20 specialists and they should lift the trophy this time.
SportsRush Featured Dream XI Team for the Game
Martin Guptill © – Guptill has been in very good form and in the Finals, he would like to guide his team to the trophy
Jimmy Neesham (VC) – Neesham has been the best all-rounder of Super-Smash this year and would like to make a significant comeback.
Dream 11 Disclaimer
All our selections are based on in-depth and astute analysis of the players partaking in the match and a perusal of other reasoning. Please incorporate a slew of factors while crafting your own side with this article serving as a guide to the match and players.