WEL vs NK Dream11 Prediction: Northern Knights vs Wellington Firebirds – 3 January 2020 (Wellington)
Northern Knights will take on Wellington Firebirds in the 20th Match of Super Smash which will be played at Basin Reserve in Wellington. Knights are at the bottom whereas Wellington would like to take the top place.
Pitch Report – Basin Reserve is a good batting track with an average score of 156. Teams often choose to bat first as chasing is difficult on this ground.
Match Details :
Date: 3 January Time:- 8.40 AM
Probable XI for both sides:-
Northern Knights – Tim Seifert, Anton Devcich, Dean Brownlie, Joe Carter, Brett Hampton, Daryl Mitchell, Daniel Flynn, Scott Kuggeleijn, Ish Sodhi, Anurag Verma, Brett Randell.
Wellington Firebirds – Devon Conway, Michael Pollard, Rachin Ravindra, Michael Bracewell, James Neesham, Fraser Colson, Jamie Gibson, Malcolm Nofal, Logan van Beek, Ollie Newton, Hamish Bennett.
Top 4 Batting order for both teams:-
Northern Knights:- Tim Seifert, Anton Devcich, Dean Brownlie, and Joe Carter.
Wellington Firebirds:- – Devon Conway, Michael Pollard, Rachin Ravindra, and Michael Bracewell.
Clean Hitters in the Squad:-
Northern Knights:- Tim Seifert, Anton Devcich, and Daryl Mitchell.
Wellington Firebirds:- Devon Conway, Michael Pollard, and James Neesham.
Death Bowling Specialists (Tends to get more wickets):-
Northern Knights:- Daryl Mitchell and Brett Randell
Wellington Firebirds:- Hamish Bennett and Ollie Newton
WEL vs NK Dream11 Wicket-Keepers
Devon Conway (Price- 9.5) should be the best pick as he is the 2nd highest run scorer of the tournament and also an opener.
Tim Seifert (Price 9.5) should also be in the squad as he is in a sublime form and hitting the ball quite well plus the surface of Basin Reserve will assist him.
WEL vs NK Dream11 Batsmen
- Michael Bracewell (Price 8.5) – Bracewell is a very talented batsman and doesn’t throw his wicket away and coming at number 4, he is a good pick.
- Joe Carter (Price 8.5):- Joe Carter is the floater of the team who can bat anywhere in the order. Joe is a clean hitter and can make maximum use in minimum opportunities.
- Michael Pollard (Price 8.5):- Pollard is one of the biggest hitters of the cricket ball. Pollard comes to open the innings and has been of significant impact. He can be a wildcard pick.
[Dean Brownlie is also a very good batsman and comes at number 3 but he is in very poor form and isn’t looking comfortable this season]
WEL vs NK Dream11 All-Rounders
James Neesham (Price 9) and Daryl Mitchell (Price 9) are the clear choices as, both of them are in top 10 wicket-getters list and both of them bowls at death too. Neesham is in top 10 run-getters too so both Neesham and Mitchell must be considered.
Anton Devcich (Price 9.5) vs Scott Kuggeleijn (Price 9.0) : One of them should be considered. Devcich is a batting all-rounder whereas Scott is a bowling-allrounder. However, Devcich will be a sensible pick as he comes to open the innings as well as bowl his quota of overs.
[Brett Hampton is also an option but he isn’t bowling much these days]
WEL vs NK Dream11 Bowlers
- Hamish Bennett (Price 9):- Hamish bowls at death as well as in powerplays and is a regular wicket-taker. With his raw-pace, he is a very lethal player.
- Ollie Newton (Price 9):- Newton is a genuine wicket-taker and also bowls with very good economy . He has proven himself in death bowling too.
- Brett Randell (Price 8.5):- Randell is in top 10 wicket-takers list and also in very good form plus his ability to swing the ball is also a treat to watch.
[There are many other good options such as Ish Sodhi, Logan van Beek, and Anurag Verma. But, Ish hasn’t been in good form and Basin Reserve’s pitch won’t assist him. Logan is second to Hamish Bennett whereas Verma is a common choice whereas unpopular Randell is no less]
SportsRush Featured Dream XI Team for the Game
Tim Seifert © – Seifert is in very good form, he failed in last game but is always a happy customer.
James Neesham (VC) – Neesham is the best all-rounder of this season and also getting promoted in batting these days. Makes into the list of Top 10 Batters and Bowlers both.
Dream 11 Disclaimer
All our selections are based on in-depth and astute analysis of the players partaking in the match and a perusal of other reasoning. Please incorporate a slew of factors while crafting your own side with this article serving as a guide to the match and players.