David Warner and Cameron Bancroft are set to return to competitive cricket as the disgraced duo will feature in the Strike League, a tournament that is conducted by North Territory in Australia.
The tournament is a platform for local players to get some much needed experience of playing with international stars.
The tournament is an amalgamation of 50 over and T20 games.
David Warner has confirmed his presence for two 50 over games on July 21 and July 22. Cameron Bancroft is available for the entire tournament and has confirmed his presence as well.
Warner was thrilled to be part of the tournament as he had heard so much about it.
“I’m really looking forward to playing in the Strike League in July. I heard so much about the competition while I was in Darwin earlier this month that I’m keen to be part of it,” David Warner said in a statement.
Joel Morrison, NT Cricket Chief was ecstatic at the prospect of two International Australian stars participating in the event as it would give the tournament and all the players involved a massive impetus.
“Their presence and experience will be invaluable for our local players, and it’s a big endorsement for the fantastic work being done by the staff at NT Cricket to make Darwin the winter destination of choice for Australian cricket. The Strike League is a fantastic competition with a mix of local, interstate and overseas players participating, and is a great showcase of the excellent facilities and talent we have in the North,” he said.
Steve Smith has already given a go-ahead to the Canada Global T20 league, wherein he has been chosen as a marquee player.
According to reports, David Warner is also considering taking part in the tournament.