Eden Hazard has revealed that he has decided his future.
Eden Hazard, who has been linked with a potential move to Real Madrid after the departure of Cristiano Ronaldo to Juventus has revealed that he has decided about his future.
The Chelsea winger was tipped to be the replacement for the Portuguese International, but the blues resisted any sort of approach from Florentino Perez’s Real Madrid to keep him at Stamford Bridge for one more season.
There are various reports quoting that the reigning European Champions are looking to lure him to Santiago Bernabeu as his contract runs down in 2020. This has helped Real Madrid to have the upper hand in this deal as the Belgian International would be available for a fee of around 100 million pounds which will not be out of reach.
During the summer of 2018, many rumors rumbled about Chelsea offering a new contract extension which will be worth 340,000 pounds per week, but the former Lille forward has reportedly turned it down as he seeks a move elsewhere.
Earlier last month, the Belgian expert Kristof Terreur has issued a statement and said that the 28-year-old is waiting for his dream move to Real Madrid after turning down two contracts from Chelsea after the kick start of this season.
“He has rejected two contract offers so far and says that he doesn’t want to sign right now. That means he is waiting for something and that something means just one thing, Real Madrid.
“Real Madrid are still interested as far as I know, but they are still yet to make their move. They don’t have a personal agreement with him at this point, they don’t have an agreement with Chelsea and they haven’t even made the phone call like they did last summer.” Terreur said.
Eden Hazard already knows for a while what he wants. Club know what he wants too. Speaking in a repo on his career, he tells RMC: “I know what I am going to do. I have made a decision.” #cfc pic.twitter.com/GXgYDlDfBv
— Kristof Terreur 📰🎥 (@HLNinEngeland) February 5, 2019
During last season, he has spoken about the admiration he has for Real Madrid which has enhanced Florentino Perez to make a step in the summer transfer window.
“For the moment, I want to finish this year. Everyone knows the admiration I have for Real, but for the moment, I’m a Blue. And each year people have said things, and each year I have stayed at my club.” said Hazard.
Current Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri has said that Eden Hazard could leave if no longer wants to stay at Stamford Bridge but has added that he would hope for the vice versa.
“Eden is 28. If he wants to go, I think he has to go. Of course, I hope the opposite, I hope he wants to stay here. He has the potential to be the best player in Europe at the moment.”
Besides, the Italian International criticized Eden Hazard for his poor leadership qualities on the pitch and added that he is more of an individual player.
— Express Sport (@DExpress_Sport) February 5, 2019
When he was asked about his future, the Belgian spoke to RMC Sport and said “I know what I am going to do. I have made a decision,”
All these interviews and news suggest that he would leave to Real Madrid in the forthcoming transfer window, turning down several contract approaches from Maurizio Sarri’s Chelsea.