IND vs SA Dream11 Team Prediction: Both teams will be looking to get off the mark after the first T20I getting abandoned due to rain.
The second T20I of the ongoing India’s tour of South Africa will be played tomorrow at the Punjab Cricket Association Stadium in Mohali. With the first match getting washed out due to rain without a ball being bowled, the series has effectively become a two-match series.
Therefore, both teams would be eager to register their first victory to at least secure the series. The remaining two T20Is will present opportunities to many rookie players from both the teams to press their case for a permanent spot in their respective teams.
IND vs SA Dream11 Team Prediction
Had the first match been played, one would have received some clarity with respect to both the team’s idle combination for this match. With no player getting injury, below are both the teams’ predicted playing XI.
Probable Playing XI
1) Lokesh Rahul / Shikhar Dhawan 2) Rohit Sharma 3) Virat Kohli (c) 4) Rishabh Pant (wk) 5) Manish Pandey / Shreyas Iyer 6) Hardik Pandya 7) Krunal Pandya 8) Ravindra Jadeja 9) Washington Sundar 10) Deepak Chahar 11) Navdeep Saini
South Africa squad
1) Quinton de Kock (c & wk) 2) Reeza Hendricks 3) Temba Bavuma 4) Rassie van der Dussen 5) David Miller 6) Andile Phehlukwayo 7) Dwaine Pretorius 8) George Linde 9) Kagiso Rabada 10) Junior Dala / Andrich Nortje 11) Tabraiz Shamsi
India – Lokesh Rahul / Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Rishabh Pant
South Africa – Quinton de Kock, Reeza Hendricks, Temba Bavuma, Rassie van der Dussen
India – Rishabh Pant
South Africa – David Miller, Dwaine Pretorius
India – Navdeep Saini, Hardik Pandya
South Africa – Kagiso Rabada, Junior Dala / Andrich Nortje
Pitch conditions and Toss Prediction
In T20Is, the PCA stadium in Mohali has generally been batsmen’s paradise. The four T20Is played on the venue has seen an average run rate of 9.10. It might be too early to say but expect the batsmen to call the shots on Wednesday as well.
Till date, the lowest innings total in Mohali is 158/5 – by Pakistan against New Zealand in 2016 World Cup. On the other hand, the highest has been 211/4 – chased down by India against Sri Lanka in the first T20I at the venue in 2009.
In the four T20Is played in Mohali, teams batting first and second have won twice each. Therefore, what will be decided at the toss can’t be confirmed. However, it is worth mentioning that India have twice chased successfully in Mohali.
Wicket-Keepers for IND vs SA Dream11
Contrary to the last match, I have picked India’s Rishabh Pant over South Africa’s Quinton de Kock as the only wicket-keeper batsman for this match. While de Kock has a better career average and strike rate than Pant, his form in the last 12 months speaks of the otherwise.
Having scored 66 runs in four T20Is at an average of 16.50 and a strike rate of 108.19 in the last year, de Kock hasn’t been at his absolute best. On the other hand, Pant has scored 229 runs in 14 T20Is at an average of 20.81 and a strike rate of 131.60 in the same time period.
— Virat Kohli (@imVkohli) September 16, 2019
Batsmen for IND vs SA Dream11
Among my four specialist batsmen for this match are India captain Virat Kohli, vice-captain Rohit Sharma, South Africa opening batsman Reeza Hendricks and middle-order batsman Rassie van der Dussen.
Currently the top-two run-scorer in T20Is, Sharma and Kohli’s inclusion doesn’t need much justification. Having scored an unbeaten match-winning half-century against Australia during the ICC World Twenty20 in Mohali, Kohli is India’s highest run-scorer at the venue.
Among the current South African cricketers, Reeza Hendricks is their highest run-scorer against India. In three T20Is during the home series last year, the 30-year old batsman had scored 103 runs at an average of 34.33 and a strike rate of 128.75. Coming on the back of winning the Man of the Series award after scoring consecutive half-centuries against Sri Lanka earlier this year, I expect Reeza Hendricks to be among the runs tomorrow.
Rassie van der Dussen is my only specialist South African batsman for this match. Having impressed one and all in the 2019 World Cup, van der Dussen will now be looking to better his already imposing T20I record. In seven T20Is, van der Dussen has scored 253 runs at an average of 36.14 and a strike rate of 133.15 including two half-centuries.
All-rounders for IND vs SA Dream11
The Pandya brothers have entered this team without much consideration. Given their all-round abilities, it is way too risky to leave them out of my Dream 11 fantasy team for a T20I.
South Africa all-rounder Dwaine Pretorius is my third all-rounder from this match. In his only T20I innings so far, Pretorius made optimum use of his batting promotion by scoring 77* (42) with the help of seven fours and three sixes at a strike rate of 183.33 against Sri Lanka in Johannesburg.
Bowlers for IND vs SA Dream11
Among the Indian bowlers, I have picked pacer Deepak Chahar and off-spinner Washington Sundar. Both the rookie bowlers have done well in their limited T20I careers so far and also have it in them to contribute with the bat down the order.
I am leaving the option of swapping Sundar with either of Navdeep Saini or Rahul Chahar to you. All the bowlers will cost you the same. With an additional 1.5 credits in your pocket, you can also select any expensive bowler if you want to.
South Africa pacer Junior Dala is their only specialist bowler in my squad. Having dismissed seven batsmen in three T20Is at an average of 15.71 and a strike rate of 10.2, Dala is South Africa’s highest wicket-taker against India. Be alert during the toss and make the change, just in case South Africa choose to rest him.
1) Among India-South Africa matches, Rohit Sharma is the highest run-scorer with 341 runs in 11 matches at an average of 37.88 and a strike rate of 136.40 including a century and two half-centuries.
2) Rassie van der Dussen had a successful stint in the recently concluded Global T20 Canada 2019. In five matches for Vancouver Knights, van der Dussen scored 208 runs at an average of 52 and a strike rate of 161.24 including a couple of half-centuries.
3) Deepak Chahar has been a revelation with the new ball in the Indian Premier League. In the 17 matches that he played in the last season for Chennai Super Kings, he dismissed 22 batsmen at an average of 21.90, an economy rate of 7.47 and a strike rate of 17.59. A glimpse of his potential was seen in the third T20I against West Indies in Guyana.
4) Other than Junior Dala’s impressive record against India in this format, what should make South Africa play him is that he has dismissed Rohit Sharma thrice in as many matches.
Dream 11 Disclaimer
All our selections are based on in-depth and astute analysis of the players partaking in the match, pitch report and a perusal of other reasoning. Please incorporate a slew of factors while crafting your own side with this article serving as a guide to the match and players.