NFL Season Cancel: Charger’s Coach Tests positive for Covid-19, will the season get cancelled now?
As Corona virus spreads affecting nearly 5 million Americans the head coach of the NFL Los Angeles Chargers revealed that he tested positive for Covid-19.
According to HBO’s hard knocks in the latest season Anthony Lynn told his players that he was infected and further went on to say “I can’t promise you you’re not going to get infected”
The players were surprised and in a state of shock. HBO debuted the new season on Tuesday, including behind-the-scenes looks at how the Chargers and the Los Angeles Rams are handling corona virus protocols with players and staff.
The news comes as a massive development in a bid for the new NFL season, as there have already been growing concerns about how the entire thing would pan out.
People have asked for the NFL to step in and cancel the season, but as of now the NFL is fully committed to get things running in the ‘new normal’.
As we all know that more than 69 players backed out due to the same reason but the most affected team were the New England patriots who lost nearly 8 players.
Not only the NFL but it has been reported that college football too has been affected for example, Standout University of Miami Hurricanes’ defensive end Greg Rousseau announced last week he was opting out of the 2020 season and heading into the 2021 draft.
“This was a very difficult decision for me as I love playing football at the University of Miami. However, in light of the uncertainty surrounding this pandemic, my family and I have decided this course of action is what’s best for our well being,” Rousseau said in a tweet.
“My mother is a nurse on the front lines and has first hand witnessed the horrors of this terrible pandemic and I want to ease their concerns.” he added.
These words only go to show that players are more conscious and aware of the current situation.
How will the players earn if the opt out?
Players opting out voluntarily like Laurent Duvernay-Tardif will receive a $150,000 advance and their contract will be carried forward to the next year. They will also retain their health insurance.
About the author
-
Reese Patanjo •
“Chargers Sacked Them 5 Times”: Richard Sherman Backs Texans to Extend Their 10-Game Winning Streak vs. the Patriots
-
Ayush Juneja •
“Jerry Jones Knows His Team Is Not Built Like That,” Said Richard Sherman, While Giving Jones a Reality Check for Claiming the Cowboys Can Beat the Eagles and the 49ers
-
Nidhi •
Desmond Howard Tells Travis Hunter What Makes a Heisman Contender Truly Stand Out: “Don’t Disappear in the Big Games”
-
Alex Murray •
“I Could Kick 20 Field Goals”: Mina Kimes Sheds Tears Trying Smelling Salts for the First Time
-
Ashish Priyadarshi •
“Tom Brady did a great job, but we’re not talking about open-heart surgery”: When Bill Belichick downplayed NFL GOAT’s hand injury in 2018 AFC Championship game vs. Jaguars
-
Nidheesh •
“I Got Arrested”: Former Dolphins Linebacker Recounts a Bunch of Bar Fights to Reflect on Azeez Al-Shaair’s 3-Game Suspension
