Three massage therapists have filed civil lawsuits against Houstan Texans quarterback, Deshaun Watson, in a span of 36 hours, under the accusation of sexual assault or misconduct.
A third lawsuit filed against Deshaun Watson accuses him of sexually assaulting a massage therapist in December 2020. This is the third civil case filed against him this week.
Watson rejected the first two claims on Tuesday, saying they were “baseless.” https://t.co/HgbCYiwOrz
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) March 18, 2021
Also Read: “This isn’t about money for me – it’s about clearing my name”: Deshaun Watson, Houston Texans QB, Issues Statement Following Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Amidst Trade Rumors
Forceful Oral Sex
The third lawsuit, which was filed in Harris County District Court on Thursday morning, alleges that Watson forced a female massage therapist to perform oral sex during a session at an unspecified office building in Houston on Dec. 28. The first two lawsuits claim that Watson forced the masseuse’s hands to be placed on his genitals during separate sessions over the past year.
According to TMZ, the woman claims that Watson reached out to her on Instagram to set up an appointment. During the massage, he allegedly told her to massage his “inner thighs” and “inner glutes,” before he got “more aggressive.” She says she eventually blacked out from fear and defecated on herself.
The case itself is handled by attorney Tony Buzbee and in a long Instagram post on Wednesday, he claims, “Too many times women have put up with behavior that we all know no one should put up with. Should we make excuses for the famous? Or those who hold special positions, or quarterbacks on a local professional football team? I don’t think so!”
View this post on Instagram
Also Read: Younghoe Koo “Deeply Saddened By The Events That Took Place In Atlanta”: Atlanta Falcons Kicker Speaks Out Against Deadly Shooting Against Asians In Atlanta
View this post on Instagram
Buzbee said that there are six total cases against Watson. So far, only three lawsuits have been filed.
“Watson’s behavior is part of a disturbing pattern of preying on vulnerable women,” the lawsuit reads.
Watson responded on Twitter on Tuesday night after Buzbee announced the filing of the first lawsuit, saying he rejected “a baseless six-figure settlement demand” and that this is “about clearing my name, and I look forward to doing that.” At the time of his statement, Watson said he had not seen the first lawsuit.
“I have never treated any woman with anything other than the utmost respect,” Watson said in his statement.
The Twitter universe is uncertain about these lawsuits against Watson considering the timing of it all – with Watson threatening to sit out the next season unless the Houston Texans trade him to another team. Many claim that the entire narrative is set up and is completely untrue, with Buzbee even receiving death threats from NFL fans and supporters of Watson.
I hate this for @deshaunwatson the quickest way now to get a bag is to sue someone. It’s impossible to make someone give u oral sex. This is a far stretch and everybody want to get paid.
— Roddy White (@roddywhiteTV) March 18, 2021
Also Read: Who Did the Patriots Sign Today?: List of Every Offseason Move Made By the New England Patriots in 2021
What’s next for Deshaun Watson?
Whether the allegations are true or false, and what’s next in this rapidly evolving case, remains to be seen. There is a clear narrative created on both sides. Deshaun Watson sympathizers arguing against those who believe the allegations are true. One can only wait with bated breath as more news comes.