Rajasthan Royals (RR) will take on the struggling Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) in the 14th game of IPL 2019.
While the Royals have had a slow start to their IPL season, RCB have simply been disastrous so far. Virat Kohli’s side lost all of their three opening games, losing their previous one against Sunrisers Hyderabad by a whopping 118 runs.
Rajasthan Royals, meanwhile, came close to beating Chennai Super Kings on Sunday, but Dwayne Bravo bowled a brilliant final over to rescue an 8-run victory for CSK.
Both the sides will now meet to improve their standing in the IPL at the Sawai Man Singh stadium in Jaipur.
RR vs RCB Head-to-Head statistics:
Rajasthan Royals lost three close games in the IPL so far. While a Mankad on Jos Buttler and a brilliant catch by KL Rahul on Rahul Tripathi’s shot proved to be the game-changer in the game, MS Dhoni’s innings took the game away from Rajasthan on Sunday.
David Warner royally outclassed the Rajasthan pace attack in their second game, as SRH chased a target of 199 with an over to spare.
RCB, meanwhile, are yet to find their purple patch in this season. The side has struggled to decide on a stable opening combination, changing Parthiv Patel’s partner in all the three games.
While Virat Kohli and AB De Villiers shined for the side against Mumbai Indians, a lack of depth in the batting order continued to haunt the side in this season. RCB will aim to put a series of disappointing results behind their back when they face Rajasthan Royals in Jaipur.
Here are RR vs RCB Head-to-Head statistics:
RR vs RCB Head-to-Head Statistics
- Total number of matches played: 19
- Matches won by Rajasthan Royals: 9
- Matches won by Royal Challengers Bangalore: 8
- No result: 1
- Matches played in Sawai Mansingh Stadium (RR): 6 (RR wins – 3, RCB wins – 3)
- Matches played in Chinnaswamy Stadium (RCB): 8 (RCB wins – 4, RR wins – 2, NR – 1)
- RR average score against RCB: 140
- RCB average score against RR: 145
- Most runs for Rajasthan Royals: Ajinkya Rahane (325)
- Most runs for Royal Challengers Bangalore: AB De Villers (394)
- Most wickets for Rajasthan Royals: Siddarth Trivedi (RR)*
- Most wickets for Royal Challengers Bangalore: Anil Kumble (9)*
* – Siddarth Trivedi doesn’t represent RR this season. Anil Kumble has retired from all forms of cricket.
How Twitter reacted..
Time for RCB to consider a few changes? 🤔
— ESPNcricinfo (@ESPNcricinfo) March 31, 2019
— Royal Challengers (@RCBTweets) April 1, 2019
1st match: RCB 38-3 to 70 all out.
12th match: CSK 27-3 to 175 (same venue).
Typical CSK, typical Dhoni.
Always give themselves a chance of winning by taking the game deep.
3-time IPL winners for a reason.
— Broken Cricket (@BrokenCricket) March 31, 2019
Cap’n Kohli: We have 11 games to go. We need to bring our A-game like we did against Mumbai and play with that kind of intensity.
— Royal Challengers (@RCBTweets) March 31, 2019
Rajasthan and Bangalore will take each other on at 8 PM on Tuesday.