SIX vs STA Dream11 Prediction: Sydney Sixers vs Melbourne Stars – 20 January 2020 (Sydney)
Sydney Sixers will take on Melbourne Stars in the 45th Match of BBL 09 which will be played at Sydney Cricket Ground in Sydney. Stars are looking unbeatable this season and have won 10 games on a trot whereas Sixers are now struggling in the tournament. Last time these teams played each other, Stars just rattled the sixers and they would like to repeat that again.
Pitch Report – The pitch at SCG has been a competitive track. The batsmen can play their shots and smaller boundaries help them too but this track is a little bit on the drier side and spinners can have a say in this game. The average score at SCG is 157.
Match Details :
Time:- 1.10 PM, Live on Sony Six/HD
Probable XI for both sides:-
Sydney Sixers – Josh Phillipe, Daniel Hughes, James Vince, Moises Henriques, Jordan Silk, Justin Avendano, Tom Curran, Ben Dwarshius, Jackson Bird, Steve o Keefe, Nathan Lyon.
Melbourne Stars – Marcus Stoinis, Nic Maddinson, Hilton Cartwright, Nick Larkin, Glenn Maxwell, Seb Gotch, Clint Hinchcliffe, Daniel Worall, Lance Morris, Jackson Coleman, Sandeep Lamichhane.
Top 4 Batting order for both teams:-
Sydney Sixers:- Josh Phillipe, Daniel Hughes, James Vince, and Moises Henriques.
Melbourne Stars:- Marcus Stoinis, Nic Maddinson, Hilton Cartwright, and Glenn Maxwell.
Clean Hitters in the Squad:-
Sydney Sixers:- Josh Phillipe and Daniel Hughes.
Melbourne Stars:- Marcus Stoinis and Glenn Maxwell.
Death Bowling Specialists (Tends to get more wickets):-
Sydney Sixers:- Tom Curran and Ben Dwarshius
Melbourne Stars:- Clint Hinchcliffe
SIX vs STA Dream11 Wicket-Keepers
Josh Phillipe (8.5) would be in our team as he is the best batsman of Sixers with an average of 38.5 and he is a run-away match-winner. There is no competition for him in this category.
SIX vs STA Dream11 Batsmen
- Hilton Cartwright (Price 8) – Hilton has been in superb form since he has started opening for Stars. He will be an asset in this game too
- Nic Maddinson (Price 8.5):- Maddinson is back after his injury and is playing at number 3 but he bowled in the last game and took 3 wickets too so he will be a really good option.
- James Vince (Price 9):- Vince hasn’t been in great touch this season but he is a very solid player and he plays at number 3 so he can be considered.
- Daniel Hughes (Price 9) – Daniel Hughes is back at the position where he plays the best i.e. opening the innings. He has been the best batsmen for Sydney after Phillipe.
SIX vs STA Dream11 All-Rounders
Tom Curran (Price 10) has been in terrific form this season. He has already taken 15 wickets which makes him 4th highest wicket-taker of the tournament and he is also an asset with the bat.
Glenn Maxwell (Price 10.5) and Marcus Stoinis (Price 11) are un-droppable options in the team as they both have been terrific this season. Stoinis is also the highest run-scorer of the league.
SIX vs STA Dream11 Bowlers
- Sandeep Lamichhane (Price 8.5):- Sandeep has done decent performance for Stars this season and this drier track of Sydney will assist him.
- Jackson Coleman (Price 8):- Coleman took 3 wickets in his first game of this season and now he is back after missing 1 game. Jackson would like to continue from where he left.
- Nathan Lyon (Price 8.5):- The GOAT Nathan Lyon didn’t get to bowl much due to rain in the last game but the track of SCG will definitely suit him.
Match Prediction: – The result of this match is under dark clouds as the predicted weather is not ideal but Sixers may stun Sixers in this encounter.
SportsRush Featured Dream XI Team for the Game
Marcus Stoinis © – Stoinis is the highest scorer of the league and would be an ideal pick for captain.
Josh Phillipe (VC) – Josh plays very well in Sydney and now when his team is in need, he would be eager to play a good knock.
Dream 11 Disclaimer
All our selections are based on in-depth and astute analysis of the players partaking in the match and a perusal of other reasoning. Please incorporate a slew of factors while crafting your own side with this article serving as a guide to the match and players.