STA vs SIX Dream11 Prediction: Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Sixers– 31 January 2020 (Melbourne)
Melbourne Stars will take on Sydney Sixers in the Qualifying-Final of BBL 09 which will be played at Melbourne Cricket Ground in Melbourne. This is the chance for both teams to seal their berth in the Finals and to host that game too. However, the loser won’t be eliminated and will play a second qualifying game on their home ground. So, nothing to lose but everything to gain in this mega match between the top 2 teams of the league stages.
Pitch Report – MCG’s pitch has shown a variable nature throughout the season. On some days, it’s a belter of a batting wicket and on some, it’s a very sticky surface. However, there is a info. that suggests we will see a batting-friendly wicket for this game. So, the team winning the toss would be tempted to bowl first.
Match Details :
Time:- 1.40 PM, Live on Sony Ten 3/HD
Probable XI for both sides:-
Melbourne Stars – Marcus Stoinis, Seb Gotch, Nick Larkin, Glenn Maxwell, Peter Handscomb, Nic Maddinson, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Clint Hinchcliffe, Adam Zampa, Daniel Worrall, Haris Rauf.
Sydney Sixers – Josh Phillipe, James Vince, Steve Smith, Moises Henriques, Daniel Hughes, Jordan Silk, Sean Abbott, Ben Dwarshius, Steve o’ Keefe, Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Lyon.
Top 4 Batting order for both teams:-
Melbourne Stars:- Marcus Stoinis, Seb Gotch, Nick Larkin, and Glenn Maxwell
Sydney Sixers:- Josh Phillipe, James Vince, Steve Smith, and Moises Henriques.
Clean Hitters in the Squad:-
Melbourne Stars:- Marcus Stoinis and Glenn Maxwell.
Sydney Sixers:- Josh Phillipe and Steve Smith
Death Bowling Specialists (Tends to get more wickets):-
Sydney Sixers:- Ben Dwarshius and Sean Abbott.
Melbourne Stars:- Nathan Coulter-Nile and Haris Rauf.
STA vs SIX Dream11 Wicket-Keepers
Josh Phillipe (Price 9) is been in sublime form since the last couple of games and would like to continue his form in the qualifying finals too whereas Seb Gotch (Price 8) will also make the cut as he is expected to open in this game and can be good pick on his home ground.
[Peter Handscomb isn’t included because he is not superior to Phillipe and there is a budget issue in this game. That’s why Gotch is preferred over Handscomb]
STA vs SIX Dream11 Batsmen
- James Vince (Price 9):– Vince has been in very good form since he has started to open the innings and will be an asset in this major game too.
- Steve Smith (Price 10.5):– Smith showed in the last game that he is a major threat in T20 format too. His shot-playing was immense and even his strike-rate was superb. He will be a genuinely good pick.
- Marcus Stoinis (Price 11) – Marcus has been the highest run-scorer of the season till now and would like to continue his batting firepower in this game too.
- Nick Larkin (Price 8.5):- Larkin is a good player and playing at number 3, he will get to face many balls and he can certainly take advantage of it.
[Nic Maddinson has been in poor form and can be ignored]
STA vs SIX Dream11 All-Rounders
Glenn Maxwell (Price 10.5) will be the solo all-rounder in our squad as he has been good with the bat and he has taken important scalps with the ball too. He is a genuine match-winner.
[Tom Curran has been off to represent England and will miss all the play-off games]
Dream XI Bowlers
- Daniel Worrall (Price 8):- Worrall is an experienced player and will carry the responsibility to take wickets.
- Clint Hinchcliffe (Price 8):- Clint has been a very good spinner for the Stars and is a genuine wicket-taker. This track will assist him too.
- Steve o’ Keefe (Price 8.5):- Steve is looking good lately and took 3 wickets in the last game. Bigger boundaries of MCG and little sluggish track will definitely help him here.
- Ben Dwarshius (Price 8.5):- Ben has been a regular wicket-taker for sixers at death and also in powerplays. He can play cameos with the bat too.
[Batsmen and All-Rounders of this game are quite expensive and that’s why a cost-cutting in bowlers has been done]
Match Predition :- Sydney Sixers will be the favourites to win this game.
SportsRush Featured Small League Team for the Game
Marcus Stoinis © – Stoinis has been the highest run-score of BBL by some distance. He would love to continue his momentum in the play-offs too.
Josh Phillipe (VC) – Josh Phillipe has been in really good form since the last couple of games and would like to carry his momentum.
Dream 11 Disclaimer
All our selections are based on in-depth and astute analysis of the players partaking in the match and a perusal of other reasoning. Please incorporate a slew of factors while crafting your own side with this article serving as a guide to the match and players.