STA vs THU Dream11 Prediction: Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Thunder– 6 February 2020 (Melbourne)
Melbourne Stars will take on Sydney Thunder in the Challenger Game of BBL 09 which will be played at Melbourne Cricket Ground in Melbourne. The winner of this game will face Sydney Sixers in the final whereas the loser will bow out of the tournament. Thunder has been in great form recently as they are coming in this game on the back of 2 wins in the playoffs whereas Stars are in very poor form and have already lost the qualifier to Sixers.
Pitch Report – MCG’s pitch has shown a variable nature throughout the season. On some days, it’s a belter of a batting wicket and on some, it’s a very sticky surface. In the last game, the wicket was very difficult to bat on and if the same surface gets used than it will be a tough batting pitch.
Match Details :
Time:- 2.10 PM, Live on Sony ESPN/HD
Probable XI for both sides:-
Melbourne Stars – Marcus Stoinis, Nic Maddinson, Nick Larkin, Glenn Maxwell, Peter Handscomb, Seb Gotch, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Clint Hinchcliffe, Adam Zampa, Daniel Worrall, Haris Rauf.
Sydney Thunder – Usman Khawaja, Alex Hales, Callum Ferguson, Alex Ross, Matt Gilkes, Daniel Sams, Chris Morris, Arjun Nair, Brendan Doggett, Chris Tremain, Jonathan Cook.
Top 4 Batting order for both teams:-
Melbourne Stars:- Marcus Stoinis, Seb Gotch, Nick Larkin, and Glenn Maxwell
Sydney Thunder:- Usman Khawaja, Alex Hales, Callum Ferguson, and Alex Ross.
Clean Hitters in the Squad:-
Melbourne Stars:- Marcus Stoinis and Glenn Maxwell.
Sydney Thunder:- Alex Hales.
Death Bowling Specialists (Tends to get more wickets):-
Sydney Thunder:- Ben Dwarshius and Sean Abbott.
Melbourne Stars:- Chris Morris.
STA vs THU Dream11 Wicket-Keepers
Peter Handscomb (Price 8.5) will be our wicket-keeper as he is a brilliant batsman at number 4. There is competition for him in this category.
STA vs THU Dream11 Batsmen
- Alex Hales (Price 10):- Alex Hales has been in phenomenal form and is the hottest property of BBL right now. He is also the 2nd highest run-scorer of the league.
- Usman Khawaja (Price 9):- Usman is a pretty solid player and he showed what he can do in the Eliminator game. On this track, Usman can be a handy batsman.
- Marcus Stoinis (Price 11) – Marcus has been the highest run-scorer of the season till now and would like to continue his batting firepower in this game too. He also bowled in the last game and took a precious wicket too.
- Nic Maddinson (Price 8):- Maddinson is back at top of the order and on this track, he can even bowl a couple of overs.
[Callum Ferguson has been in poor form and can be ignored]
STA vs THU Dream11 All-Rounders
Glenn Maxwell (Price 11) will be in our squad as he has been good with the bat and he has taken important scalps with the ball too. He is a genuine match-winner.
Daniel Sams (Price 10) has broken all the wicket-taking records of BBL’s history. He is taking wickets for fun and would like to continue his domination in the tournament.
Arjun Nair (Price 8.5) is getting promoted in batting and he has played some really decent knocks for the team. He is a very good wicket-taker too and track of MCG will assist him.
[It was very difficult to leave out Chris Morris but players are very expensive in this game and someone has to be dropped]
STA vs THU Dream11 Bowlers
- Daniel Worrall (Price 8):- Worrall is an experienced player and will carry the responsibility to take wickets.
- Clint Hinchcliffe (Price 8):- Clint has been a very good spinner for the Stars and is a genuine wicket-taker. This track will assist him too.
- Jonathan Cook (Price 8):- Cook has been brilliant since the last 3 games and he would like to continue his form here too. He is bowling very intelligently.
[Batsmen and All-Rounders of this game are quite expensive and that’s why a cost-cutting in bowlers has been done]
Match Predition :- Sydney Thunder will be the favourites to win this game.
Small League Team
Marcus Stoinis © – Stoinis has been the highest run-score of BBL by some distance and he has started bowling too from the last game.
Alex Hales (VC) – Alex Hales has been in fire in the tournament and is scoring runs for fun.
Note : For Updated teams after lineup announcement, join The SportsRush Premium on our mobile app.
Dream 11 Disclaimer
All our selections are based on in-depth and astute analysis of the players partaking in the match and a perusal of other reasoning. Please incorporate a slew of factors while crafting your own side with this article serving as a guide to the match and players.