STR vs THU Dream11 Prediction: Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Thunder – 31 December 2019 (Adelaide)
Adelaide Strikers will take on Sydney Thunder in the 17th Match of BBL 09 which will be played at Adelaide Oval in Adelaide. Adelaide are currently the table-toppers without any defeat with 3 wins in 4 games (1 Match Abandoned)
Pitch Report – Adelaide Oval’s wicket has always been a batting-friendly track and will continue to be the same. 171 is the average first innings score in 2019 for the T20 games, so we can expect a high scoring game.
Match Details :
Time:- 1.40 PM, Live on Sony Six/HD
Probable XI for both sides:-
Adelaide Strikers – Jake Weatherald, Philip Salt, Matthew Short, Alex Carey, Jonathan Wells, Cameron White, Cameron Valente, Rashid Khan, Billy Stanlake, Peter Siddle, Wes Agar.
Sydney Thunder – Usman Khawaja, Alex Hales, Callum Ferguson, Matt Gilkes, Alex Ross, Daniel Sams, Chris Morris, Chris Green, Arjun Nair, Chris Tremain, Jonathan Cook.
Top 4 Batting order for both teams:-
Adelaide Strikers:- Jake Weatherald, Philip Salt, Matthew Short, and Alex Carey
Sydney Thunder:- – Usman Khawaja, Alex Hales, Callum Ferguson, and Matt Gilkes.
Clean Hitters in the Squad:-
Adelaide Strikers:- Jake Weatherald, Philip Salt, and Alex Carey
Sydney Thunder:- – Usman Khawaja, Alex Hales, and Callum Ferguson
Death Bowling Specialists (Tends to get more wickets):-
Adelaide Strikers:- Peter Siddle and Wes Agar
Sydney Thunder:- – Chris Morris and Daniel Sams
STR vs THU Dream11 Wicket-Keepers
Alex Carey is the highest run-scorer in this edition of Big Bash League. Batting at number 4, Carey has been in outstanding form and would like to keep the flow going.
STR vs THU Dream11 Batsmen
- Usman Khawaja (Price 10) – Usman Khawaja is the master of hitting boundaries during the powerplays. Hasn’t been in great form this season with 104 runs in 4 games but, on his day Usman can be unstoppable.
- Alex Hales (Price 9.5):- Alex Hales is a match-winner on his own. After a poor CPL and MSL campaign, Alex Hales is looking in good touch in this season’s BBL. Scoring with an average almost 40 with a 150+ strike rate, Hales can be a game-changer.
- Callum Ferguson (Price 9.5):- Captain Callum is in outstanding form too and has scored 156 runs in 4 games with an outstanding average of 78. He is also the 4th highest run-getter of this season Big Bash League.
- Philip Salt (Price 8.5):- After the failure of 3 games, the English opener played a brilliant knock of 54 against the Renegades. Salt is highly rated in England due to his aggressive batting and can be match-winner on his day.
- Jake Weatherald (Price 9.5):- Jake Weatherald is 5th highest runs scorer of this season’s big bash and has been a steady opener for Strikers. Batting with an average of 38, Weatherald likes to hit the ball from the go.
- Jon Wells (Price 9) :- Jon Wells is the most underrated player of BBL (many don’t pick him in the side) and is currently the second-highest scorer this season, right behind Alex Carey
Pick any 5 of the above 6 batsmen.
Master Tip: Jake Weatherald can be left out of the following options as Chris Morris likes to take the ball away from Left-Handers and Jake is uncomfortable with it.
STR vs THU Dream11 All-Rounders
Chris Morris (Price 9) and Daniel Sams (Price 9) are the clear choices as, these both bowls the Powerplay overs and also at death so, they have the maximum chances to get the wickets. Daniel Sams also get promoted sometimes in batting whereas Chris Morris is also a clean hitter of the ball.
STR vs THU Dream11 Bowlers
- Peter Siddle (Price 8.5):- Siddle is an experienced player and also in very good form. Death bowling of Siddle has been great this season where he is nailing the yorkers and getting wickets.
- Wes Agar (Price 8):- Wes Agar is partnering Siddle in death bowling. At Price of 8, Agar is a steal and many people don’t pick him so it can be a wildcard.
- Billy Stanlake (Price 8.5):- Stanlake is a genuine wicket-taker in powerplays.
[NOTE:- Rashid Khan will be picked by everyone, but the small square boundaries of Adelaide Oval can go against the Afghan’s leg spinner. So, dropping Rashid from the team can be a wildcard]
SportsRush Featured Dream XI Team for the Game
Usman Khawaja © – The smaller square boundaries of Adelaide Oval will help Usman and he has a brilliant record here.
Alex Carey (VC) – Alex Carey is in fine form with bat and will be valuable player again.
Dream 11 Disclaimer
All our selections are based on in-depth and astute analysis of the players partaking in the match and a perusal of other reasoning. Please incorporate a slew of factors while crafting your own side with this article serving as a guide to the match and players.