The ever fresh story of 2020 has again come forward and this time it has struck down the main event of UFC Vegas 15 i.e., Derrick Lewis Vs. Curtis Blaydes.
According to reports just a day before the event the No.2 ranked Heavyweight Curtis Blaydes is tested positive for Covid-19 and hence the fight which was supposed to produce the future No.1 contender is off. Blaydes was scheduled to face Derrick Lewis at the event.
Curtis Blaydes vs. Derrick Lewis — tomorrow night’s UFC main event — has been canceled, per multiple sources. Blaydes has tested positive for COVID.
The promotion is hoping to reschedule the fight in December, sources say, though that isn’t a done deal just yet.
— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) November 27, 2020
While as per sources, the promotion would try to reschedule the fight for later, and would salvage the contest, but as of now there is no word about the current fight night.
Unlike the last weekly event (UFC Vegas 14), where there were still 5 days left for Paul Felder to enter and Cut weight, this time the fight has canceled at the eleventh hour, therefore there apparently is no time to find a substitute of Blaydes.
The co-main event viz. Light Heavyweight fight between Anthony Smith and Devin Clark will most probably get the elevation to become the main event.
UFC Vegas 15: Updated Fight Card (Before Weigh-Ins)
- Light Heavyweight Fight (Main Event): Anthony Smith Vs. Devin Clark
- Heavyweight Fight: Josh Parisian Vs. Parter Porter
- Welterweight Fight: Miguel Baeza Vs. Takashi Sato
- Featherweight Fight: Spike Carlyle Vs. Bill Algeo
- Women Bantamweight Fight: Ashlee Evans-Smith Vs. Norma Dumont
- Bantamweight Fight: Martin Day Vs. Anderson Dos Santos
- Women Flyweight Fight: Gina Mazany Vs. Rachael Ostovich
- Featherweight Fight: Jonathan Pearce Vs. Kai Kamaka
- Flyweight Fight: Su Mudaerji Vs. Malcolm Gordan
- Catchweight: Luke Sanders Vs. Nathan Maness
Click Here For More UFC News