Virat Kohli had a hilarious moment during the presentation ceremony after securing the Test series against Bangladesh in record-breaking series.
India won its first-ever pink test match in their cricketing history with a huge margin against Bangladesh. With it, the men under Virat Kohli won the test series too and broke several records.
But amidst this, Kohli’s hilarious moment during the presentation ceremony stood out. The Indian skipper was caught in an awkward yet funny moment as he stepped in to collect his award.
Kohli won awarded with the Pepsi Swag Player of the match for his 136-run knock. While collecting the award, Kohli shook hands with the guest at the ceremony and later reminded him for handing away the award.
The video has surfaced online and people have caught this act by Kohli.
Watch the video
— विनय 🇮🇳 (@imvinay_09) November 25, 2019
On the other hand, Ishant Sharma starred in the series win by taking 12 wickets, which led him land the man of the match and series award after the 2nd Test.
Meanwhile, Mayank Agarwal too has continued his amazing form as he completed his 2nd test double ton in the series opener. Now India will play West Indies in home T20I and ODI series. T20 series is starting from 6 December.
India is still maintaining its winning streak in the test matches, and standing on top in the Test Championship table. Thus showcasing India’s dominance in the format.
RECORDS MADE BY VIRAT KOHLI & INDIA IN THIS SERIES
- This was India’s 7th consecutive test win under Virat Kohli which is now the most for an Indian captain. Previously, MS Dhoni was holding this record 6 consecutive wins in 2013.
- Under Virat, this is India’s 4th consecutive test match win by an innings. Which is most for any team.
- India won 12th consecutive test series which is the longest winning streak.
- With a century in 2nd test Virat Kohli equals Ricky Ponting’s record of the most international centuries as captain. Virat now has 41 tons as captain in 188 innings while Ricky Ponting had taken 376 innings to reach this milestone.
- This is Virat Kohli’s 70th international hundred and he became only the third player after Sachin Tendulkar and Ricky Ponting to achieve this milestone. Sachin Tendulkar at the top of this list with 100 centuries in 782 innings. Ricky Ponting has 71 in 668 innings while Virat Kohli is quickest among all with 70 tons in just 438 innings.