WWE Clash of Champions: SmackDown Tag Team Championship Match announced. The SmackDown Tag titles will be defended for the first time on PPV since Extreme Rules.
The SmackDown Tag Team Championships will finally be defended on a WWE pay per view. The last time they saw the light of a WWE Special was when the Artist Collective won them from the New Day at the Horror Show at Extreme Rules.
On tonight’s episode of Friday Night SmackDown, WWE announced the SmackDown Tag Team Championship match for the upcoming Clash of Champions: Gold Rush. Champions Shinsuke Nakamura and Cesaro will defend their titles against The Lucha House Party.
— WWE (@WWE) September 19, 2020
This match shouldn’t come as a surprise considering the two teams have been going at each other for quite some time now. Just last week, Gran Metalik and Kalisto defeated the champions after they were distracted by The Street Profits.
Clash of Champions is scheduled for Sun, Sept. 27, 2020, at the Amway Center in Orlando, Florida.
This is the Match Card so far:
- Drew McIntyre (c) vs. Randy Orton (WWE championship Ambulance match)
- Roman Reigns (c) vs. Jey Uso (Universal championship)
- Bayley (c) vs. Nikki Cross (SmackDown women’s championship)
- Nia Jax & Shayna Baszler (c) vs. The Riott Squad (Women’s tag team championship)
- Cesaro & Shinsuke Nakamura (c) s. Lucha House Party (SmackDown tag team championship)
Click here for more WWE News