WWE says they have eyes on Cardi B following their successful partnership with Latin American rapper and singer/songwriter Bad Bunny.
WWE brought in Bad Bunny to perform for them at the Royal Rumble. The rapper seems to have stayed back for a more meaningful role to play in the promotion. Many are speculating he may even get to showcase his wrestling skills at Wrestlemania in a few months.
It is apparent that the partnership with the Rapper was born out of their desire to appeal to younger audience. The fact that his WWE merchandise sold out so quickly, means that this is a step in the right direction. It turns out, Bad Bunny may not be the only rapper the WWE are looking forward to working with.
WWE says they have eyes on Cardi B following partnership with Bad Bunny
Cardi B was name dropped on WWE programming earlier this year. This led to the rapper tweeting about WWE. Many have since wondered if she will appear on the show. No deal has been announced so far. However, the WWE have acknowledged that they are indeed looking at one in the future.
Wait what’s going on ? People keep tagging me in WWE stuff ?
— iamcardib (@iamcardib) January 5, 2021
WWE chief revenue officer Nick Khan explained that a lack of touring made stars more accessible and such a deal was mutually beneficial to the stars who are missing out on concert money.
“Yes, and specifically the two that you just mentioned,” Khan said, referring to Bad Bunny and Cardi B while talking about their plans to partner with more musical artists. “Obviously, there is no touring right now, so the ability to get Bad Bunny for however long this run is going to be—and you’re going to see a lot of him. I don’t believe that would have existed in a world where Bad Bunny was on tour. That’s going to be a continual effort, so we’re always going to watch Bad Bunny, Cardi B to get involved.”
“The bulk of concert money is made in the summertime. It doesn’t appear as if there are going to be big tours during the summer. Even we’re all hopeful. So we’ll see what other folks we’re talking to and who you’ll see in the mix.” He added.
WWE Not complacent says Nick Khan
Khan is in his first year in the WWE and has already helped them secure the billion dollar deal with NBCUniversal’s Peacock streaming service. Many have wondered if this will lead to the WWE getting complacent now that they have no incentive to put on a good show but Khan disagrees with the idea.
“I think once you’ve been really, really hungry in life and in business, it’s tough to be really, really full,” he said. “So I’ve found with Vince, who I’ve had the good fortune of knowing for a number of years as an agent when I was with CAA and now working with him directly, that hunger is still there, and I think that hunger is pervasive throughout the company. It’s sort of the culture of the company that we always have to work harder than we worked before.”
Khan was also instrumental in the WWE landing the billion-dollar television deals with Fox and NBCUniversal while working as an agent at the Creative Arts Agency (CAA), in 2018.
Click here for more Wrestling News