Pierre Gasly AlphaTauri F1: Team Boss Franz Tost confirms if Italian GP winner will move to Red Bull Racing
Pierre Gasly AlphaTauri F1: Franz Tost says it will be a matter of pride for AlphaTauri if Red Bull wants to take Pierre Gasly back for next season.
Frenchman Pierre Gasly is living his Formula 1 dreams at the moment. The shock winner at the Italian Grand Prix in Monza yesterday stayed at the podium a bit too long. This was because he feels this moment might never come back to him ever again.
Gasly has had quite a roller-coaster since he was demoted from Red Bull for this season. His performances with AlphaTauri has impressed one and all, with suggestions he could make a sensational return to Red Bull.
The chances are strong considering current Red Bull driver Alexander Albon is not living up to the expectations of the team. AlphaTauri Team Principal Franz Tost expressed happiness at the speculation, but remains optimistic that Gasly will remain the Italian team.
“He’s very motivated. He was like that last year when he came back from Red Bull. He said it felt like coming home to family. I’m afraid we’re going to lose him again. If so, it means that our team has done well. Otherwise, that wouldn’t happen. I am quite optimistic at the moment that Pierre will stay with us.”
Franz Tost praises AlphaTauri and Honda
Tost also reserved praise for their engine suppliers Honda. The Japanese suppliers had a mixed outing in truth, with both Red Bull drivers not making it to the points. Max Verstappen retired from what looked like a mechanical problem. Tost nevertheless spoke well of their cooperation, which earned Honda their second win of the season.
“Our big thanks go to Honda for the powerful engine and the fantastic cooperation.”
Tost also spoke highly of his backroom and garage crew, who were spot on with their strategies. It was a complete team performance which earned arguably the seventh strongest team in the paddock a place on the top of the podium. Gasly is currently 8th in the overall standings, and would be eyeing a move into the Top 5.
“The team did a fantastic job and Pierre drove really great. As of Friday Pierre was already strong, with a fourth and sixth place. We were lucky with the red flag. I have to say that Gasly was really strong because he didn’t make any mistakes.”
About the author
-
Janmeyjay Shukla •
When Michael Schumacher almost squeezed his former $110 Million teammate into a concrete wall at the Hungarian Grand Prix in 2010
-
Sabyasachi Biswas •
Amidst Threat of Receiving Grid Penalty After Underwhelming P11 Start, Max Verstappen Justifies His Alleged Impediment
-
Tanish Chachra •
Ferrari sponsors were ready to pay $25 Million to McLaren to give Kimi Raikkonen F1 seat
-
Anirban Aly Mandal •
Max Verstappen Tops the 2024 Season With 503 Laps Led While Sergio Perez Fails to Crack the Top 8
-
Tanish Chachra •
“He’s just unfair”- Young Max Verstappen bashes Charles Leclerc in front of camera after a junior race
-
Tanish Chachra •
“But maybe we could play around with the layouts”- Daniel Ricciardo advocates for Yas Marina experimentation
