The Antoinne Griezmann to Barcelona saga has finally come to an end, as Griezmann in the most bizarre way possible announced that he will be staying put at Atletico Madrid next season.
Griezmann announced his decision on the Spanish TV station Movistar, wherein Griezmann had made an entire documentary, trying to show his fans his thought process behind the move.
Ateltico were ready to offer more money, but with Barcelona there was this chance of having a shot at multiple trophies.
However, in the end Atletico managed to sway him towards them, as they promised to show enough ambition in the transfer market and formulate a team destined for success.
Earlier this week Griezmann had told the media that he had come to a decision but wanted to keep it private up until the end of the World Cup.
However, it seems as if he wanted to let the decision out as it was playing on his mind a little too much. But it was a rathe bizarre way to announce his decision.
“I have decided to stay,” he said in his documentary
“Atletico are doing everything they can to keep the team growing, it’s amazing, they’re making a lot of efforts, I cannot stand it, I need to tell people that I want to stay.” he added.
Mi afición, mi equipo, MI CASA! @atleti 🔴⚪🔴
Mes supporters, mon équipe, MA MAISON ! @AtletiFR 🔴⚪🔴
— Antoine Griezmann (@AntoGriezmann) June 14, 2018
Griezmann’s timing and way of announcing may seem a bit off, but at least now he would be a 100% focussed on the job at hand in Russia.
For Barcelona fans though, Griezmann’s decision comes as a huge jolt, as Barca had made him his number 1 transfer target.
They’ll now have to reassess their transfer targets and move over to ‘Plan B’